• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hunting with the JM Pro

B

BigT

Any of yall hunt with your JM Pro? I'm an avid predator hunter, mostly coyotes. My goto gun is the JM Pro. I been using one ever since I first layed hands on one. I've done a lot of experimenting with choke tubes and found that using a combination of a Carlson's Dead Coyote choke and Federal Premium #4 buck (non flight control) with lay them down out to 70 yards. Also a combination of the stock Mossberg modified choke and Hornady Heavy Magnum Coyote BB shot will lay them down out to 50 yards. This combination has taken over 270 coyotes and I've lost count on the foxes. Ive got many shotguns but this one has given me untouched reliability for several years. I would guesstimate I've run over 5000 shells flawlessly through her.

No experience hunting yet. Congratulations on your success, you surely have a proven hunting combination. Any regulations in your area regarding ammo capacity or is that just for game animals?

I know here in Illinois it's legal to take Coyote's anytime ...........but I think Fox are protected ? yes...no ?

No experience hunting yet. Congratulations on your success, you surely have a proven hunting combination. Any regulations in your area regarding ammo capacity or is that just for game animals?
Sorry for such a delay in responding. The only regulations we have in Virginia is for migratory game birds. Where a shotgun can only be capible of holding three rounds. Two in the tube and one in the chamber. Also it is legal to hunt predators at night.

Back