• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Congress seems off to a roaring start, and The Visionary New AOC Utopia Mandate is going to genetically engineer multicolored unicorns, who will lead us to wisdom and justice for all.

What a riot the new congress will be. :giggle:

Good Morning folks. Well I have recovered my health and messing around at home with random projects.
It is raining here this AM, and more rains predicted Sun, Mon. This is nice, because it's been too dry.

The grandkids are staying over, so today Judy gets to spoil them. Probably just movies and cheeseburgers. Last night we played Monopoly. First time for me in about 50 years, and inflation has taken over.

By 1000x or 10k% LOL Pass GO & collect $2 million. I guess it's been a while since rent on St Charles was $12.

I won't have time or weather for target shooting but I will be setting up the new rifle. Haven't decided on a scope yet. I want one with a proper .308 reticle and nothing I own qualifies.

Hey Mossberg fans. I finally got the .308 precision rifle set up a little bit, but I still don't have the scope for it.
14132.jpeg
I saw a Viper on sale that would do for now until I can save up (cough up) the money for the scope of my dreams.

But I didn't buy it because my health has not recovered to the point where I'm willing to go out and shoot my brand new rifle in the rain.

Yes folks we're actually getting some well-needed rain here (hallelujah) and there's snow on the mountain!
20190105_120708.jpg

That's not the mountain that's just a hill in front of the mountain and there's snow on it too!

I bought five of those and gave out three so that means I still have two and one is getting dirty.

They're made from ripstop material, so they should last a good amount of time.
But if you need more, I have plenty....:laugh:

Good morning fellas. This weekend we had wow weather. mid 60s both days. Yesterday we did have clouds move in and the wind was blowing pretty hard , but still nice.

I went to the gun show Saturday but did not buy a single thing. No gun, no ammo, no knife, LOL. I was surprised there were not more folks there. I reckon they were taking advantage of the nice weather.

Dj, looks like you are getting those pups in hunting shape. It also looks like you live in heaven.

Cadd, glad you are feeling better. I bet you are going to have a ball with the Ruger. I saw one at the gun show in 6.5 Creedmore. I heard the owner talking to a fella about the rifle. He was telling him it was custom built , whatever that means. He was asking $2350 for it. Of course it did have a nice scope mounted on it. I did not even think to see what kind. I think you did really well on yours.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning friends and neighbors! 60° here in the Indian Nations this morning , I might launch some projectiles into some inanimate objects! Y`all have a good `n!

:clock:

Mornin fellas. sorry I have been neglecting ya's. :punish:

I'm done making gifts. finally. I hada nice back order list. but it was way too long. I hate people who order at the last minute...I need it asap...

Yeah....I'll get right on it...
:oops2:

any how....enjoy your day...
and may you always be in the zone....

Good morning Mossberg owners.
More rain last night and everything outdoors is wet.

@meanstreak

I didn't spend too much. The total expenditure was directly related to what my wife was expecting. That is to say, what I had prepared her for, well in advance. (Approximately the price of her new drapes.)

That does not include a scope or 30mm rings. I'm sort of half-heartedly shopping for them right now.

Good morning all. Clear and 50 this morning. I took my car in for an oil change Friday, and yesterday discovered I have a leak. Back to the dealership today so they can check it out. It isn't a bad leak , but a leak nevertheless. I suspect the drain plug needs tightening.

Anyways, you all have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning guys.

I bought oil and a filter for the truck last week, but got sidetracked by a cold.
My wife is out doing PT at the gym for her knee, but she is doing very well. She is a hard worker when things need doing.
Anyhow I should go change the oil while she is out.

Now my lungs have cleared up, & today I finally woke up without a cough, only to read that Justice Ginsberg has survived a lobectomy at age 85.
She didn't know she had lung cancer. They found it when she fell and broke her ribs.

Yeeesh.... I was thinking to go out skating today for the first time in several months.

This is the first morning in a week I woke up and did not feel 85 years old, but I'm wondering what I will do when they want to start cutting parts out of me. The great horror of my life would be to wind up as some hospital lab rat.

Today I will change my oil, which on the Tacoma is a cinch. Oil filter is right on top, and the drain plug is about 2' off the ground, so no jacking required.

But I still need to change the front springs and get an alignment. The Tacoma is heavily weighted on the left front spring, which is excellent for drag racing.
But the left spring wears out faster, and after 5 years it is weak. I have 2 shims stuffed in it to level the ride, but that does nothing for dynamic stability.

Best of the day to you all.

Good morning all. Clear skies and 35 this morning. Another beauty of a day ahead of us.

I took the car in yesterday. The crush gasket on the drain plug was cracked. Apparently, at least according to the service writer, this has been happening every once in a while. Anyways, they replaced the gasket, topped off the oil, and sent me on my way.

I am planning on going to Omaha this next weekend for a visit with the kids and grandkids.

You all have a great day and be safe.

Mornin' Meanie. I did change my oil yesterday, but the weather closed in and I didn't work on the springs.

I didn't have a new fiber gasket so I used a copper gasket. It's actually meant for the banjo bolt on brake lines, but was just the right size.

The old gasket I had used twice. Since it was already crushed I had cleaned it and infused it with blue loctite. That swelled it OK, and not a drip since April did I see.

Anyhow, too wet to go shooting today. After predictions of a dry winter were made it started raining right away.

Still no scope on the new rifle yet. I have been shopping online, but haven't found the right one yet.
I probably want to spend too much.

DJ, your "trail cam" pic reminded me of M C Escher's "Three Worlds"

Three_Worlds.jpg

fp001.jpg

I started plans for the chimney removal, and new aquarium.
There are some errors in the drawing, but this is the general idea.
Cut off the chimney & patch the roof, gut the firebox.
Insulate and finish the interior, and add a security door to the outside.

Then all filter cleaning and water changes can be done from the exterior.
I'll need to add some Pex and valves to fill the system.
I'll just drain it right into the garden/lawn.

Good rainy morning folks. 40 degrees right now.

Cadd, that is quite the undertaking.

Have a great day and be safe.

Back