• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Axes and Hatchets and Machetes rule my life...

Fatwood isn't just in the South. It's prized in the northern wilderness and all over.

Basically when a pine tree is injured it sends sap to bandage its wound, where it oozes and dries into a globule visible from the outside. The immediate area of sap impregnated wood lights with ease and burns sufficiently long to get a roaring fire going. A little goes a LONG way. Lots of video on YouTube about fat wood.

Obviously not for cooking fires tho'~~~~~~ :)

@ripjack13 im not sure if good for anyting but it purty. Had a large cedar tree trunk i cut and faced for some posts. Heres pic of outside ugly youd pass by and the inside.View attachment 19608
Well as,the worm turns, some of,that cedar I kept for no reason. Today wifey says I got salmon for the grill. Cool. She says Wish we had some,cedar planks like restaurant ... I say 0112191745(1).jpg Hey honey hold,my coffee big poppa gots this. Pass me that olive oil for a second.

So she showed her appreciation and knelt before your manliness.......?

David, you have really got it under control my friend.
Truth be told we ate dinner , she said I have to be up at 4a.m. you git the kitchen cleaned up I'm going to bed. She had a extradition pick up 20 hour round trip today, (her day off):(

Thats a real beauty Fell
That's a fine piece there. If I had the need that would be my choice.
Yes, indeed. Its beauty and quality ;) Thanks guys

I picked this one over the bigger and smaller, to get the best of two worlds so to speak, and it fits nice in a backpack.
I found a video about the bigger one ( which i also want to get in the future ). Sometimes he shows the smaller one i got.

Last edited:
Back