• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Sheriff in town, say goodbye to my Colt Rail Gun 1911

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
Damn. My dept issues a Gen4 G17 but previously let me qual with any other approved handgun and carry what I want. I always qual'd with the issued G17, and my CRG, and even a S&W PC 627 8-shot .357.

The new Sheriff is going to be fantastic.

But one rule is that we must carry the issued weapon. I'm cool with that because I really like a 9mm GLOCK.

But is just won't be the same.

That sucks, but I can say that I'm not surprised. Many dept's are that way.

Maybe you could talk him into double stack 45's the next time the guns are replaced.

I really don't like glocks. Don't like the grip angle. Feels all wrong to me.

Silver lining all the daily carry wear goes on theyre gun and if it ever has to go to pistol time out after a usage ya wont care either.

These are the kind of rules that kept me out of public service, etc.

Managers get attached to the rules instead of the people.

Some say when you work for a big outfit there is no other way.

I say the outfit is too big at that point.

People aren't controlled by rules. They are controlled by loyalties.

They don't work for a written code. They work for People.

I understand your sentiment caddman, but public service doesnt' really work that way.

The Sheriff Dept. that I worked for back in '05 wouldn't really allow you to carry much of anything that wasn't department approved and issued. At least nothing weapon related.

Also, they only stocked 4 calibers. 12 gauge, 9mm, 40 S&W and 556.

Damn. My dept issues a Gen4 G17 but previously let me qual with any other approved handgun and carry what I want. I always qual'd with the issued G17, and my CRG, and even a S&W PC 627 8-shot .357.

The new Sheriff is going to be fantastic.

But one rule is that we must carry the issued weapon. I'm cool with that because I really like a 9mm GLOCK.

But is just won't be the same.

Sucks but by the sounds of it you seem to have solid leadership taking over the reigns.

This Sheriff is legit. I'm excited.

He is career LE and isn't just an admin pogue or politician.. But he has 13 blemish-free years as a Chief in a medium sized city. Best of all worlds.

Back