• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning to all of yous. Clear skies and 32 this morning. Not bad at all for this time of year. The high today is supposed to be about 50.

I didn't do much yesterday except watch football. It's the first two pro games I have watched this year. They were good games,both overtime. Now, whether I watch the super bowl is still up in the air. It just depends on what I have going on that day.

We have another gun show in town next weekend. I will definitely take time to make it to that at least one of the days. Not sure there is anything I want to buy, but I like to walk and look.

Have a great day and be safe.

Rainy Good morning.

Hmmm...too wet today to go shooting. I'm going to hang out in the garage today. ;)

... I watch the super bowl is still up in the air.

Good Morning, buddies.
18F this morning.
I missed the lunar eclipse last night. Could have seen it between 11:30 and 12:30 but I was reading and by the time I looked at my clock it was 1:30 am. I stepped out side and the moon was there... but it was just plain full. So it goes.

Super Bowl? Don't know. I don't have geographic ties to Boston or LA. Don't follow pro ball much any more. Hate the politics of both cities.

I wonder if the the US Gummint will still be closed and the air traffic into will be throttled to a trickle. That will be interesting.

So I'll still predict... NE wins by 3.

Good morning all. 54 and cloudy this morning.

I did see the eclipse, but the pictures on tv taken by very nice equipment were much better than my old eyes could see. That being said, I will keep looking to the heavens each time there is a special event.

Ya'll have a great day and stay vigilant.

Here I am.
:mornin:
It's 2;30 in the afternoon. so good afternoon.
I had another ear surgery yesterday. The first one last year didn't work. Still had a small hole in the drum. and of course the ringing has never stopped. So, hopefully this time it works. I've been dying to go swimming....underwater. Without water getting in somehow.
I look like I half assed attempted to look like the kids from the movie, Weird Science...

49442991_10218234350113618_783637927279198208_n.jpg

No shame here. I look like a total dork fest....

enjoy the giggle....

mornin fellas.
I'm up early today, it was a rough night last night. tossed and turned all night on my recliner. gotta sleep elevated to keep the blood from leaking out too fast. idk....that's what the nurse told me to do for the next 3 nights. Whatever.

I did catch the eclipse the other night too. what my eyes see and what my phones camera sees are two different things. You would think that we would be able to at least get a clear picture of it. It's 2019 !! not 1919....

I was reading here somewhere on the board last night about single shot shotties and 410's. I think I'll clean up my wifes 410 today. Not that I'll get to use it any time soon. But it will give me something to do till I'm able to go in the shop and make noise. I know the shotties in my lock up need a good douching. It has been a while since they all have been cleaned.

Smoked 35 years, 2 years ago I told Doc I,wanna quit. The gave me,a,prescription to help it caused insane abdominal pain so I threw it in trash looked self,in mirror said we gotta just do it on our own. Never picked up another cigarette and no desire to,this day. I think when ya really done ya done if,you want,to,be. Yes I had withdrawals and was ill but it passed in about 3 weeks. Best gift I gave self in a long time.

I need to quit smokin too. @Scoop gave me a schedule to use. I didn't make it. I need to do it this year. I gotta get the wife to quit too. She smokes a hellava lot more than me. I have maybe 6 a day. But that's Djarum cloves cigars, the small thin ones. I like the smell and flavor. Even when I wasn't a smoker I liked the smell of em.

ok...it's cold as a witches tit up here today. I can't wait till spring rolls in. But the one good thing about all this cold, I haven't seen a single skeeter or gnat in weeks!

Good morning all. 25 and cloudy this morning, sposed to be in the low 40s next two days.

Rip, I hope ya are feeling well and this time the surgery works. You have not lost your sense of humor for sure. You can drive with your window down and keep that left ear warm.

Speaking of smoking, that's something I need to quit as well.Every pack I buy I think of what else I could do with the money, not to mention all of the bad things associated with it.

Ya'll have a great day and stay safe.

Good evening guys.

I've been working on some under cabinet lighting for the kitchen today.

I made some sketches to figure out the dimensions & cut all the pieces. Some of them are drilled, one side of one lamp is assembled.
14223.jpeg
There are 42 cut parts, plus 60 screws, 4 diffusers, and lamp hardware. I need screws Corner clamps and more glue so off to the store I go.

@ripjack13
Sorry to hear about the ear hole. (I'm pretty sure I could fix that for you with some crazy glue man.)

I've been thinking about buying or building some kind of a wood lathe and last night I saw this ancient patent drawing for a Gunstock duplicating lathe. I believe it was created by Eli Whitney.

With a modern router and some junk from Harbor Freight I can create a duplicating lathe like his, only much more compact and inexpensive.

But it appears his patterns were not actually the shape of the gun, and there was some cam/follower action involved in making the carving efficient.

This idea is really bugging me because of this Oak log I have been seasoning.

I'm sure you can figure it out. But If you want me to look around for something or other, lemme know.
If you're going to copy a stock, I would think to make it easier to do, you would use an old stock. Get it to roughed shape and have the inletting done by hand or on a cnc or drill press and an xy vice sort of set up.
Something like this?

s-l2000.jpg

That didn't take long. Quite the machine.

Good morning everyone. 28 with clear skies this morning. We might be close to 50 this afternoon, and the days are getting longer.

You all have a great day and be safe.

'Morning Guys.

Yes, Rip, that is the idea.

It was not Whitney, though, but a fellow named Blanchard who made the duplicating lathe.
Blanchard orbital grinders are found in every auto machine shop to refinish flywheels, deck blocks and flatten heads.
dup_lathe.jpg
Not much is said about it though, except this drawing.

I'm gluing up frames for my lamps today, but my first attempt was a flop. I bought some corner clamps to help but they are a bust for any stock over 3/4" and mine is 1.5"

Today I will fab up my own clamps, and re-cut my damaged test parts. In trying to clamp up the first joint these things embossd the finished wood. ;(

Good morning all. Clear skies and 19 this here. We should have a decent weekend though with highs in the mid 50s both days.

We have another gun show in town this weekend . I'll probably go and take a look around. I don't really need anything right now, but enjoy the atmosphere and watching the folks.

Have a great weekend and stay vigilant.

Good friday morning to ya all...

It was not Whitney, though, but a fellow named Blanchard
(

Yea I saw that the other night. There was a couple (Forum posts) pages on him I saw/read. Pretty interesting reads though...

I need Corner clamps

Or these clamps...(that's what I have.)

:link:

Those are actually pretty decent for the price....

I's a bit chilly again here. Yesterday was almost 55 and rainy. All the ice melted and ended up in my driveway. So I went out and used a hoe to make a path for it all to drain out. I was soaked in 15 minutes fro ma ll the rain.
Mrs. rip wasn't too pleased when she saw what I did.
"YOU ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE LIFTING ANYTHING OR STRAINING!!"
:punish:
yes dear....

In my defense, I was lifting anything heavy, and I didn't strain. Hence why I was soaked. Cuz I took my time and went slow. Oh well....

enjoy the day. and the weekend If I don't check here then...
:cheers:

Back