• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Crimson Trace laser for shockwave

Why won't this sight fit the 20 Gauge? It looks like it doesn't wrap around the entire receiver so receiver width doesn't seem to me to be an issue? I duno tho.

While I can see possible uses for a laser, I've never been a fan and have never used them before.
My range-toy Shockwaves have been promoted to bedroom defense (far more effective than any handgun and more maneuverable in close quarters than a longarm) but any kind of aiming is crude at best.
I'd considered an RMR but that's expensive and requires careful eye alignment to utilize properly. Then I saw the new Crimson Trace Laser Saddle and became intrigued w/my biggest concern being will it still fit properly w/my GG&G sidesaddle.
Always willing to be the guinea pig for something new (a rather expensive hobby, btw), I was fortunate enough to find a couple of the greens at a good price, they arrived yesterday.
The Laser Saddle is very light and surprisingly streamlined. Control buttons are well-located for righties/lefties. The master on-off, though small, is easily manipulated w/my trigger finger.
Installation was fast and very easy, all necessary tools included except the hex wrench needed to remove the trigger group pin for my GG&G. I used blue Loctite on all the bolts. My GG&G was no problem.
The red version uses CR2032's and the green CR2016's due to the green's higher power requirements (the Laser Saddle qualifies for CTC's 'batteries forever'). Battery installation is easy but the retaining bolt is *very* small and easy to lose (probably my only quibble about the Laser Saddle).
There are 3 laser activation pads and IMHO they strike the right balance between too hard to activate and too easy to activate. The master on/off prevents battery drain when not in use.
After installation, both Laser Saddles appeared to be good elevation-wise, but both needed windage adjustment to the right (easily accomplished w/the included micro hex wrench).
The green laser is very bright indoors and in a lighted garage (where I adjusted the windage), I'm looking forward to trying it at the range in full daylight sometime soon.
Using it inside the house, the laser makes it very easy to aim precisely w/o using the out-in-front-aim-down-the-bbl technique I've been using.
The Shockwave's safety is still easily accessed, just not as easily as before (minor training issue, IMHO).
I have to admit I'm impressed w/the Laser Saddle. While it's practicality on full-size shotguns might be debatable, I'm currently of the mind it's a good choice for the Shockwave, making hits possible from any number of positions.
Tomac

P1260002.JPG P1260004.JPG P1260005.JPG

When did you order this and when did you get it? I have one on order since last month and have heard nothing from Crimson Trace. Thanks, Jeff

When did you order this and when did you get it? I have one on order since last month and have heard nothing from Crimson Trace. Thanks, Jeff

I ordered from Anacortes Gun Shop in WA state. They shipped a week after I ordered (on a Saturday) and I got it 3 days after that.

I love this. they are in the process of fixing the house bill here in Ohio, so hopefully I will have one of these soon as well

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I had to remove the small pistol laser from the front of my shockwave because it was jamming my thumb so painfully I couldn't fire more than a few shells.

I've just ordered this in green as a solution. CT has a very generous military pricing program, and there's a rebate going on right now.

I don't have a shipment date yet- just ordered this afternoon.

I'll report back once it comes in and I can shoot it.

I'll have to say I'm a bit disappointed with this green laser in the sunlight. Pretty much can't see it with my old eyes. I'm beginning to think I should have got the red laser. I have a red CT on my Airweight and I seem to be able to see it better ???

The green laser saddle showed up today and I had it installed in 15 minutes. Aligned the dot with the bore-site at about 25 yards for now, and will fine tune it when I can get to the pit to shoot it.

The green laser saddle showed up today and I had it installed in 15 minutes. Aligned the dot with the bore-site at about 25 yards for now, and will fine tune it when I can get to the pit to shoot it.
Keep me posted how well you can see yours

The Shockwave's safety is still easily accessed, just not as easily as before (minor training issue, IMHO).
As I was fitting the sidesaddle into place it suddenly occurred to me that my oversize safety might not work.

No worries, the folks at Crimson Trace had the foresight to make the safety hole in the sidesaddle generous enough to accommodate aftermarket safeties.

Here's the pic. Lighting is crappy but that's the weather I'm stuck with today.

SW Safety.jpg

Last edited:
I have had a Shockwave for a little over six months and have only added a sling and an adapter for the Aguilla minishells. I am a big believer in the K.I.S.S. principle. However, I am giving serious consideration to adding a CTC Sidesaddle, mostly because the basic design does not add a lot of bulk or weight nor does it change the balance of the gun. I can see the Sidesaddle being of a tactical advantage.

The only question I have is whether the recoil and vibration will make it necessary to realign the Sidesaddle after every trip to the gun range.

I bought a CT Lasersaddle and it lasted exactly one day before the switches malfunctioned. I decided not to bother trying another and went with a micro dot sight instead.

I bought a CT Lasersaddle and it lasted exactly one day before the switches malfunctioned. I decided not to bother trying another and went with a micro dot sight instead.

Sorry to hear that, both of mine are still going strong.

Delighted to see that it works with the GGG side saddle! My Shockwave came with a red Lasersaddle preinstalled, and I’ve been looking for a side-saddle shell holder that would be compatible.

Back