• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Confusion about mag capacity.

Diehard64

.22LR
I just joined the site and haven't looked around too much, but this is a topic I needed to get in on.

I have a 2015 Mossberg Patriot in .308. My original magazine hold 5 with no problem. I was told by Mossberg last year that since the Patriot was a new version additional magazines would not be available till 2016. So I call them and now they say they only make the 4x4 magazine for the Patriot and have no plans to make a 5 round magazine. The customer service person "said" she talked to a tech who "said" the magazine on a Patriot is only a 4 round magazine. The owner's manual even says the non-magnum or standard caliber magazine holds 5. So I have sent a copy of that part of the manual to Mossberg and am asking does the 4x4 magazine actually hold 5 or not? I am not going to buy something and have to turn around & return it. Anybody here bought any of the 4x4 mags? Does it hold 5 rounds of .308? Thanks for any help.

DH64,
I found a discussion about Moss Pat mags at: http://www.glocktalk.com/threads/caution-mossberg-patriot-308.1592045/page-2

This post from Dec 2015 may be of some interest to you.
I did get extra magazines about a month after my original post.
Got them directly from Mossberg. They are called "4 X 4", but do have a five round capacity. If you order from them MAKE SURE they confirm t hey are sending you the 5-round variety.
By the was, extremely accurate rifle.
tbc
fnfalman,Dec 21, 2015
If I find any available, I'll post later.

Last edited:
I bought a 4X4 in 22-250 Remington around 2015 and my mag hold 5 rounds. Not the same but close to the case size of 308. I plan to get another mag for mine too. And oh yeah, it is a very accurate rifle.

Back