• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg SA-20 Accessories...

In the linked article above , a feller mentions his SA-20 piston spring became brittle and broke .
He suspected it was made of cheep steel .
Anyone else have the same issue ? Or knows where to get an upgraded spring ?

I haven't had any issues with my SA-20 but I haven't shot it a whole lot, either. One issue I see with the SA-20 is that it is "limited" production. Another is that it is made in Turkey. Both will create a higher demand for replacement parts but not a high enough demand for the aftermarket to consider covering. And don't forget the Weatherby SA-459 and SA-08 20ga may have similar or identical parts. Anyhow, I am willing to bet that IF you had problems with your piston spring you would be able to find a replacement for it but maybe not from Mossberg... :(

PS: and unless US relations get better with Turkey, I don't see an overseas source for parts anytime soon...

Bob -
you are truly a Guru here ! I have a couple of guns made in Turkey and so far I really like them . And after all, A " Turkey" Thug made in "Turkey" with a "turkey" shooting it ....... what more could I ask for ? I see what you mean about the springs though , heck , I got a bunch of them all twisted up in my closet from upgrading, tube extensions, etc.

I wonder what other platform it has any commonality with, perhaps Stoeger? You could check with Wolf springs maybe.

Looking for a youth stock for my sa20, anyone know were you can purchase one, thanks!

Although I do think Mossy made a "youth" model of the gun, I couldn't tell you if they could get a stock separately for you. You could try calling them (I don't have the number handy). Maybe try a search at Gunbroker or Ebay?

Alternately, you could cut down the stock you have keeping in mind the holes for the butt pad screws need to be deep enough when you are done.

BTW, Welcome Aboard, James! :)

On another note, anyone know where I can get one of the 20" barrels separately? I have the 28" and just want to swap barrrels for HD.

JG

For what it's worth, I called Mossberg to order another youth stock. At first got told it would be a 2-3 month wait, and then only a maybe on availability. So, I said, "Sure, I'll wait..." Then, Joe said he'd double check the shelves and call me back. 45 minutes he called me back and said he found 2. So, I bought one, and there should still be one floating around as of right now. $75... Now, both my SA-20 and PA-459 have the youth stocks installed. :)

For what it's worth, I called Mossberg to order another youth stock. At first got told it would be a 2-3 month wait, and then only a maybe on availability. So, I said, "Sure, I'll wait..." Then, Joe said he'd double check the shelves and call me back. 45 minutes he called me back and said he found 2. So, I bought one, and there should still be one floating around as of right now. $75... Now, both my SA-20 and PA-459 have the youth stocks installed. :)
please send photos .

Does anyone have info about what pistol grip stock is compatible with the mossberg SA-20 they didnt have that version so i got the tactical with straight stock but wanna swap out. Any info to what make models and where to purchase would be helpful. Thank you

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Back