• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Loose screw

bryansnow68

Copper BB
Hello
I've only shot a few dozen rounds through my MVP Patrol 5.56.
This screw won't tighten?
Warranty issue?
68d096d0386afea37448d8a24ee9642c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

IF you are comfortable with it, and perhaps with guidance from here or the web, AND gun unloaded, you should take it apart and see if the screw is stripped or if the receiver? is stripped. A screw is easily replaced, a receiver not so much.

There may be others here at M.O. that can advise you better on this.

BTW, Welcome Aboard Bryan! :)

IF you are comfortable with it, and perhaps with guidance from here or the web, AND gun unloaded, you should take it apart and see if the screw is stripped or if the receiver? is stripped. A screw is easily replaced, a receiver not so much.

There may be others here at M.O. that can advise you better on this.

BTW, Welcome Aboard Bryan! :)
Thanks for the feedback!

Do let us know how you make out! Maybe the screw is not long enough? If receiver is stripped, I'm afraid you may have to return to Mossberg or perhaps bring it back to where you bought it if they are a Mossberg dealer. Good Luck!

I'd suggest backing it out, giving it a dose of super glue, then running it back in and just getting it snug. Then let it set. So long as you dont intend to remove it again, should never have any more issues.

I often use super glue when putting metal screws into plastic on my RC vehicles.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Apparently it doesn't get tight, just to hold rear trigger guard.
Local wholesaler suggested epoxy if I want it tighter.

Yeah, a little plumbers tape to start with.

And if that is still not tight enough, as the other guys have mentioned, a drop or two of adhesive of your choice.

Unless the plastic stock is just hogged all the way out, the Teflon tape will probably take up enough of the slack to at least hold it in place without working out.

Yeah, a little plumbers tape to start with.

And if that is still not tight enough, as the other guys have mentioned, a drop or two of adhesive of your choice.

Unless the plastic stock is just hogged all the way out, the Teflon tape will probably take up enough of the slack to at least hold it in place without working out.
That good point to John if wallerd or strip just tap up a size easy in plastic stock.

Back