• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pictures that make you lol

51459326_2479504265412155_1016653702817120256_n.jpg

Funny joke, but probably only works in Europe.

110vac won't kill you unless you are already quite weak.

And you gotta be grounded.

A wire that fat won't even heat up before the breaker trips.

One scary blue spark . . . *click* . . . then nada.

Damn engineers!!! LOL

Damn engineers!!! LOL
Funny joke, but probably only works in Europe.

A wire that fat won't even heat up before the breaker trips.

One scary blue spark . . . *click* . . . then nada.

I must retort and disagree In case someone loses respect for household current, ie basic 120vac.
It will and does kill graveyard dead fairly regularly still. Many many outlets without gfi which should pop, once senses about a 5miliamp bleed.
While any amount of current over 10 milliamps (0.01 amp) is capable of producing painful to severe shock, currents between 100 and 200 mA (0.1 to 0.2 amp) are lethal. It aint the volts its the amps commonly repeated.
As low as 10 miliamp can cause the "grip" ya can't let go. And as little as 75 miliamps can enduce ventrical defribulation, and death.
Yes almost everyone of us has been lucky touch a plug or bad cord,etc... BUT IT CAN AND DOES KILL OFTEN.
Dave C.
BSC, IE
(Don't tell anyone I'm not just a dumb redneck soldier)

Last edited:
I must retort and disagree In case someone loses respect for household current, ie basic 120vac.
It will and does kill graveyard dead fairly regularly still. Many many outlets without gfi which should pop, once senses about a 5miliamp bleed.
While any amount of current over 10 milliamps (0.01 amp) is capable of producing painful to severe shock, currents between 100 and 200 mA (0.1 to 0.2 amp) are lethal. It aint the volts its the amps commonly repeated.
As low as 10 miliamp can cause the "grip" ya can't let go. And as little as 75 miliamps can enduce ventrical defribulation, and death.
Yes almost everyone of us has been lucky touch a plug or bad cord,etc... BUT IT CAN AND DOES KILL OFTEN.
Dave C.
BSC, IE
(Don't tell anyone I'm not just a dumb redneck soldier)
Lol, secrets safe with us.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

I hope I wasn't somehow advising people to try this.
There is a non-zero probability of death.
Safety first!

DJ is 100% right about the current killing you, but you must be grounded. The current must go through the body.
If you are grounded, even by some measurable amount, and you hit the hot wire first, the juice can go through the heart, nerves, etc, and that 15-20 amp breaker won't trip unless it is "protected" (GFCI etc.)

Now, if the instructions said, "Stand barefoot on a wet concrete floor. . . " or "Grab the faucet with your left hand . . . then . . . " BZZZT! Severe and possibly deadly shock.

One of my jobs, in ages past, was testing wet-use electrical equipment for voltage leaks.

When the insulation gets old it loses dielectric strength & it leaks electrons. It leaks a lot more when things get wet and dirty, because the dissolved minerals carry current well.

I have taken shocks in the 1 to 10 milliamp range when I did something stupid**, and while 1/1000 amp tickled, 10/1000 is a shock.

Damn! DJ now you have me worried about this electric car BS. Those things can deliver a jolt!

Our neighbor just went through a FD training course on putting out electric car fires. How to find the disconnects on which car, what to do otherwise. These things burn up fast and hot in a real crash. It takes 3000 gals of water to cool a flaming Tesla. My desires to own a high tech car have fallen to zero.
++++++++++++++++++++++++

** I plugged a wet sewer snake into the test socket without checking the main switch. Someone had left the switch on, and I didn't see the meter lights glowing because of bright daylight on the machine. After that we moved back into the shop, in the shade.

I have also taken shocks from spark plugs and CRTs (TV tubes, in the 60's) and I don't advise it.

Last edited:

I'm quoting myself because when I re-read this I was horrified!

I meant to say 110 won't kill you unless you are grounded.

AND, Even being "ungrounded" doesn't mean you can't get a shock.

We are all grounded to some extent, plus we have capacitance and can absorb a charge and hold it.

Back