• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The old Black Weber

DJ~

I love how your Weber holds such even heat for so long. What a great kettle smoker/grill!!!!

Have you seen this little add-on? If amazingribs.com likes it then it gets my attention!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=58&v=tj3HFTdSNHU
Looks Interesting
Mine old weber has had MUCH experience and use to get were it is today. ☺
Ps when snaking i do see a small short spike when it hits a new wood chunk.
Ps Ps, first time ever but last Saturday night I put on a butt for a church thing on Sunday. I went to bed at 11 all was well i woke at 0230 and went had a look aaaarrrgghhh dead grill !!!! Not sure why ?? Never happened to me in maybe 20 years. But sure enough it was out. I wrapped butt in foil to keep in heat while i restarted. In morning all was good but had I not happened to need a head call
Ima consider one of the fancy blue tooth thermo things now ???

15 bucks at Walmart and you really can't go wrong because it works & if you break it that's only 15 bucks.

(I broke my first one by the way.)

But my barbecue has really improved since I bought the probe setup.

15 bucks at Walmart and you really can't go wrong because it works & if you break it that's only 15 bucks.

(I broke my first one by the way.)

But my barbecue has really improved since I bought the probe setup.
Yes for sure. I have a electronic wired probe thermostat . im thinking spend a little more for the one that remotes into house or phone ?? Does yours do that part id like to have on nightstand for all night cooks

It has its own little remote display that looks kind of like a phone or pager and then there's a base unit with the probe attached that you leave at the barbecue.

Actually they're sturdy enough, but what I broke on mine was the probe, and I bought a whole new unit just to get the probe.

Somehow mine was karate chopped by the barbecue lid & and that broke the probe wire.

I couldn't remember what brand it was but it's an Expert Grill and it has a head unit, base unit and probe for $15.

If you're careful with the probe I think it will last a long time.
20180724_080603_resized.jpg

I couldn't remember what brand it was but it's an Expert Grill and it has a head unit, base unit and probe for $15.

If you're careful with the probe I think it will last a long time.
View attachment 18709
I have to go to town Wednesday, il have a look. Old army buddy coming in Thursday for a few days so I know il be smokin something.

I didn't see that other one at our store when I bought my first one.

I did a nice little pork loin and some sausages yesterday and they really turned out great. I did the pork loin up to 170 degrees then wrap it in foil and towels and put it in a box for a couple hours.

I let the sausages go for about 2 hours longer than the roast and they turned out fabulous 2.

The pork loin was marinated in Honey and sriracha, then smoked for hours on Regular old Kingsford Charcoal in the Weber and 2 lumps of hickory wood.

Had a request from the smarter half for some salmon yesterday. Fired up the kettle with little charcoal and mostly wood. Sprinkled some basic coonass seasoning and Used a neat gadget to place salmon on and let it smoke indirect lil bit then moved over the heat for a few. I had some garlic bread also so i just foiled it and left in grill while fish wash cooking. Boss made some broccoli salad too Simple easy supper.
Love that lil cook tray gadget handle pops off once on grill so stays cool kinda neat, ive done grilled asparagus etc... In it Also.20180807_192530.jpg 20180807_192537.jpg 20180808_051533.jpg

I've never attempted to smoke fish or do fish on a BBQ.

But I do love Alder smoked salmon more than just about any meat in the world.

I wish I had time to go and catch one.

I have been barbecuing a bit more because our kitchen is still not operational. My brand new Chinese GE stove built in Mexico had a gas leak, and we're getting a Kenmore from Sears made by Electrolux in France.

As Ricky Ricardo used to say with a head slap, "Ai Yi Yi!"

One of them winter days, smoked chicken and smoked salmon(the funky one on the end is mine thats brown sugar, im,only one who likes it that way.0112191914_HDR.jpg 0112191915_HDR.jpg

So, I found a huge Weber a year or so ago. Things about 30" in diameter. Also picked one up along the road that someone had put out to the trash, maybe 20" diameter. The spinner thing in the bottom of the small one was rusted tight, so I just cut it out, since I run the bottom vents wide open anyway.

Both in real good shape.

Spatchcocked an 18 pound turkey this past thanksgiving. Brined it for a day, rubbed it up and smoked it on the large Weber. The snake ran for 11 hours. Awesome bird.

So, I found a huge Weber a year or so ago. Things about 30" in diameter. Also picked one up along the road that someone had put out to the trash, maybe 20" diameter. The spinner thing in the bottom of the small one was rusted tight, so I just cut it out, since I run the bottom vents wide open anyway.

Both in real good shape.

Spatchcocked an 18 pound turkey this past thanksgiving. Brined it for a day, rubbed it up and smoked it on the large Weber. The snake ran for 11 hours. Awesome bird.

Very nice, my big 30" was next to,a,dumpster. Best dang "all around cooker" in my book. I am also a lover of the snake!!

Back