• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

I agree, and I love the mitre box made from an aluminum window frame.

Lol. Hey now, i paid good money for that lil thing. It's from x-acto. As opposed to ronco. Hahahaaa
I think I've had it since 95. Used the saw quite a bit too. Broke the handle. Made a new one. Reversed the blade to pull cut.
Thanks for the good words fellas....

Oh wow well that's an amazing coincidence. But if I look really close at the photo I can see that is not exactly what I thought it was.

Miter boxes and me have never been friends. One of my friends gave me a miter box years ago and it was an awful plastic thing that probably got tossed out or is collecting dust in some corner of my garage.

I finally actually bought a miter saw but it's a POS and I don't like it at all.
20190124_131134_resized.jpg
If I was a professional I would junk the thing and get a better saw. But I am just a hobbyist and so I will bypass the crappy switch and just use a footswitch.

I do not like the horizontal handle design either. As you're pushing down on the saw it twists the cut. But if I'm not using the switch then I don't have to use that handle.

I can use the carrying handle to push the saw up and down and that is Centered.

HAHaAaaa...

If you look at that photograph you can see my big zip tie over the handle switch, and the footswitch it's plugged into is on the floor under the table.

I actually cut the 30° into that one just for those pen blanks.
I have my grandfathers mitre saw under the bench. I just had the saw resharpened. It cuts like buttah now. The wood base on it need some love. Or possible a new base. Not sure yet...

I would look into finding a used chopsaw. A good one. The ones that give us trouble usually make more work than needed to be. I'm sure you can find a nice makita or dewalt on craigslist for cheap.

The reason I didn't buy a Makita or DeWalt is because they didn't appear to be any more sturdy overall.

But remember I'm just a hobbyist. I'm not trying to make a living with this thing.

Made a few more pens today.
I'm digging this segmented stuff. I may have to make more....

FB_IMG_1552450033801.jpg

Back