• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

590 vs 590a1

I believe that he barrel is heavier on the A1
Im not sure about the 590 trigger housing but there can be a difference here too, that the 590A1 have a metal one and that the 590 have a "plastic" one
Could be an extra spring in the 590A1s trigger

@Dogman556 welcome aboard. I hope you take some time to post on our New Members Welcome page.

Short answer: "Both the 590 and 590A1 contain a longer magazine tube, but the 590A1 has other kinds of changes that meet stricter military standards. The biggest changes include a metal trigger guard, safety button, and a heavy wall barrel. The Mossberg 590A1 is the only one of the three to have these features." Please note the heavier duty A1 is also heavy to carry and put to rapid use if that is a concern.

Here is a long thread we have on here. Take some time and read through it. My apologies, it is older and some of the pictures have vanished. http://mossbergowners.com/forum/ind...-differences-among-the-500-590-and-590a1.252/

Unless you are going to use the gun daily in a profession or plan to beat the crap out of it the 500, 590 or 590A1 will hold up to all kind of general wear and tear.

Back