• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month. (March 2019) (Red Flags)

Sorry, not going to watch the video and give it the "benefit" of another view. I get the "gist" of it.

Semi-related is I watched a 1st-person view video of a guy in Cali. that registered an AR pistol only to have 4 armed cops knocking on his door looking to confiscate it as it was technically "illegal". Look on gootoob and you'll find it. What they don't know won't hurt you...

The NRA position on red flag laws (March 19, 2018): "We need to stop dangerous people before they act," says Chris W. Cox, executive director of the NRA's Institute for Legislative Action. "So Congress should provide funding to states to adopt risk protection orders." The difference between the NRA and the Moms Demand group seems to be that the NRA wants a higher legal threshold for rtaking your guns before you get a day in court. The Anti gunners are ok with taking your guns because old Aunt Tilly doesn't like them.

As if on cue from the NRA last year, Lindsay Graham (republican, South Carolina) signed on in support of a bi-partisan federal "red flag" law. That failed so Graham will be at it again this year. The republican Senate will hold a hearing later this month on the laws. Graham is still pushing states to enact the laws but also wants the feds to push other states to adopt the laws.

The republicans at the federal level are not much better than the democrats. They just had 2 years to fix problems and they wasted it sitting on their thumbs

Im constantly told I should have no say on abortion because I'm not a female.

I am constantly told I should have no say on identity politics because I dont identify as a (fill in the blank).

I am told I should have no say on immigration policies because I don't live in a border state.

Well here's mine...If you don't own a firearm, you should not have any say in the matter.

I am constantly told I should have no say on identity politics because I dont identify as a (fill in the blank).

I am told I should have no say on immigration policies because I don't live in a border state.

Well here's mine...If you don't own a firearm, you should not have any say in the matter.
That works for me.

Absolutely Mike. Well said my man.

We already have laws here similar to "red flag" laws. Licensed firearms owners are run through CPIC (Canadian Police Information Centre) every 24 hours. So if you commit an indictable offense and when its picked up on the database you can expect a knock on the door. They come and seize all your firearms and ammunition until you have beat your charges.

I would also expect a door knock if someone reported me to the police for aggressive/abusive behavior and/or a visit to the local hospital psych ward. If police were not involved in the trip to the pysch ward and one was not causing much of a fuss you might slip under the radar.

But alas I no longer have to worry about these things...yeah you guessed it...a terrible boating accident on my last hunting trip...all gone, every last one. Sucks to be me.

I would love to respond but won't. I will say this I actually know someone quite well, who was one of the first in Florida to get railroaded with the red flag law there. I wont type entire story, but I will warn he was single, a multi tour combat disabled,veteran. Nice home, nice job etc.... Met a "lady" at a party they ended up back at his place for a whole,weekend time for,her to,go and...... She didnt want to go ? He insisted she leave, and later that day deputies were at his door, due to complaints filed by her that he was a danger. Cut to,the chase he lost his permit they pulled his weapons, he was told he was subject to,random checks and 1 bullet would be a felony !!! Went to,court prosecutor HAD HIS MILITARY/VA MED RECORDS JUDGE UPHELD, He was told would readdress in 12 months !!!!! Punchline he WAS a federal LEO, now jobless moving to,another state with a family member. Over 1 psycho possesive wierd chick,
WARNING ALL THIS IS REAL ASF!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
I would love to respond but won't. I will say this I actually know someone quite well, who was one of the first in Florida to get railroaded with the red flag law there. I wont type entire story, but I will warn he was single, a multi tour combat disabled,veteran. Nice home, nice job etc.... Met a "lady" at a party they ended up back at his place for a whole,weekend time for,her to,go and...... She didnt want to go ? He insisted she leave, and later that day deputies were at his door, due to complaints filed by her that he was a danger. Cut to,the chase he lost his permit they pulled his weapons, he was told he was subject to,random checks and 1 bullet would be a felony !!! Went to,court prosecutor HAD HIS MILITARY MED RECORDS JUDGE UPHELD, He was told would readdress in 12 months !!!!! Punchline he WAS a federal LEO, now jobless moving to,another state with a family member. Over 1 psycho possesive wierd chick,
WARNING ALL THIS IS REAL ASF!!!!!!!!

I'm not saying he should go all killdozer. But if he did, I'd understand.

It’s truly scary how fast and out of the blue something like this could totally up-end your life and make it a living hell.

The following statement by no means condones or justifies such laws. Due to living under such potential threat I am somewhat aware everyday to steer clear of potential trouble and give no cause for notice. As a family man much closer to 50 than 40...I’m past most the nonsense and shenanigans now anyway.

However no one is immune from a really bad day with some jack-hole pushing all your buttons and that ol’ Devil on your shoulder telling you to go all caveman on ‘em.

My collection isn't some kind of insurance against a social apocalypse.
I would just give it all up in a heartbeat. No shots would be fired nor argument given to a legal warrant.**
In such cases, all that Rambo chit is just hero-worship nonsense for the movies.

Remember: the pen (phone, media galore . . .) is mightier than the sword.
Call a lawyer. Civilization, folks. It's how we roll. Shooting is the VERY last resort.
This is not Gaza nor will it ever be.

My guns were purchased for fun, and education, and a hedge against inflation.
My $16 shotgun (in 1939) in real good shape it would be a $500 gun.
Thus the value always rises, and the state is spending my taxes like water to make guns rare and expensive.
It motivated me to learn about ammo making and gunsmithing and such things, as valuable skills in such a market, where new guns and ammo were to be taxed to death.
That may not actually happen now, and so my investment will pay off.
Many of mine are no longer available here as new guns. ;)

**No, there was nothing legal about Hitler's warrants. Don't go there.

I am a public servant. It would be inadvisable for me to comment. Sorry, because it is a very intriguing question.

The right comment IMO is, "I would obey a legal warrant, if possible."

My previous comments were kinda tongue and cheek, because nobody can actually answer this question without real context.

But This is still America.

If we were living in the world of Gaza and islamistan, my answer could be different.

Discretion is key. What people don't know won't hurt you. I DO live across the street from a cop (works out of town) but we are on friendly terms and I like to think he would not participate in any kind of gun confiscation. That said, I'm sure he's seen me loading my trunk for a trip to the range.

My kids have been instructed to not disclose they are marksmen or that we have guns in the house. I've explained why this needs to be in a thoughtful and intelligent manor and they like to go shooting so they have complied.

Interesting thoughts and comments. We still live in America, but it is changing. The Democratic 2020 presidential candidates seem intent on out radicalizing one another at a furious rate. The same party has radical newcomers and the old guard does not seem to be able to control them, or they don't want to.

Imagine if you will if Warren, Sanders, Booker, Gillibrand, or one of the others was elected, and many more house and senate seats were occupied by the likes of Cortez, Talib, and Omar. We could be in a gaza or similar environment. Imagine the likes of BLM, Antifa, Farakhan, Cair, and Sharpton having unlimited access to our government. They could even have too much input as to how our government operates. He'll, I think a lot of Republicans are lefties as well.

We are already in an environment where conservative speech is not welcome, and in a lot of cases not allowed on our college campuses. In many cases this has even reached into our high scool level.I don't think I'm a conspiracy theorist, but I know what is happening all across the land.

If the left can wipe out history then the now becomes the normal. It's obvious the way the left and most of the media operate that they want one party in control, and one party only. They say to hell with the constitution. They talk about a constitutional crises every week, and yet it they that trample the 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5th, and lord knows how many other amendments.

They want open borders, equal rights for those here illegally, and are pushing infanticide. To me this should be raising warning flags more so than it seems to be.

Ok, my rant is finished.

They want open borders, equal rights for those here illegally, and are pushing infanticide.

They need to understand that those people born in a shixhole country just happen to have been born with "bad luck". It is NOT up to us to provide them with "good luck" because it cuts into OUR good fortune. Look out for #1! If a person born with bad luck wants to bring a child into a bad luck situation (such as in a refugee camp) then I say let Darwin sort it out... ALL ills in this world are from overpopulation and no one ever utters a peep about population control. Well, we should be doing it in our country, forget the unfortunates.

Trumpy shipping the refugees to sanctuary cities is a brilliant idea! When the current city residents start realizing they have fewer services and higher taxes because of all the illegals sucking the city's teet, maybe they'll wise up and start voting for intelligent candidates...

A person here illegally has NO rights because they are NOT a naturalized citizen. Birthright citizenship must end immediately...

I support free contraception and am pro-choice but anti-abortion after viability. I do find the act of abortion particularly abhorrent but do not feel it is my place to force my views upon a woman who made a mistake and wishes to not be pregnant anymore. I had an argument with someone who was claiming "Maybe that aborted baby could be the one to discover a cure for cancer!" to which I replied "Maybe that aborted baby will grow up to be a mass murderer!"

I also don't believe in a Life Sentence in prison--straight to the guillotine along with their lawyer! Work camps are not "cruel and unusual punishment" and would serve as a deterrent along with public executions.

I know these things sound heartless but I've grown to be very jaded and am concerned about the world my kids will grow up in.

My collection isn't some kind of insurance against a social apocalypse.
I would just give it all up in a heartbeat. No shots would be fired nor argument given to a legal warrant.**
In such cases, all that Rambo chit is just hero-worship nonsense for the movies.

Remember: the pen (phone, media galore . . .) is mightier than the sword.
Call a lawyer. Civilization, folks. It's how we roll. Shooting is the VERY last resort.
This is not Gaza nor will it ever be.

My guns were purchased for fun, and education, and a hedge against inflation.
My $16 shotgun (in 1939) in real good shape it would be a $500 gun.
Thus the value always rises, and the state is spending my taxes like water to make guns rare and expensive.
It motivated me to learn about ammo making and gunsmithing and such things, as valuable skills in such a market, where new guns and ammo were to be taxed to death.
That may not actually happen now, and so my investment will pay off.
Many of mine are no longer available here as new guns. ;)

**No, there was nothing legal about Hitler's warrants. Don't go there.

Your points are well taken. In fact, maybe they are the only way we civilized folks should be thinking. I mean seriously, do I really need my firearms on a day to day basis? I sure haven't, so far. If I resist, about the best I can hope for is that I'll go to jail. The worst is that I either shoot a law enforcement officer and/or I'll be shot myself. Heck, I might even be putting my entire family at risk, if I resist! Am I really willing to put both my life, the lives of law enforcement officers, and even possibly the lives of my family at risk for something as abstract as "liberty" up against that? I swore an oath, but does simply surviving now take precedence to that? Something to really think through, before it actually happens to each of us. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back