• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

The wood shop.

I promise I won't try to buy that snakewood off of you, Rip.

So are you selling these things on eBay or other places on the web?

I promise I won't try to buy that snakewood off of you, Rip.

So are you selling these things on eBay or other places on the web?

:laugh:

I sell on fakebook. and around town by word of mouth. I'm not ready yet for a website page. There's still legal shenanigans going on with my worker's comp case. (It's getting stupid now).

That one was gift for a guy retiring from tool design at Stanley/Black n Decker.

I made a 2mm mechanic pencil!
Well, I finally had some time in my shop to make something. This has been sitting on my lathe since the beginning of June, rough turned. Just waiting patiently for me.
No blowouts. Yay!!
I sanded the nib end fitting to slide in and then glued it. Going forward on the making of the segments I do, they will have a solid piece on the ends,instead of the angles to eliminate splitting. Live n learn.
Anyhow....here tis.

0815191615_HDR.jpg 0815191615a_HDR.jpg

Oh, I used cocobolo for the large block, padauk, ebony, holly, and copper segment material....

Man, that is a lot of work sitting there.

The new pens are the nicest yet Rip.

I won't be working wood for a while now. Other things need me first.
I still haven't put a saw to my hoarded walnut log. It's on my A-list of projects to carve it up.
3/4 of the world's English walnuts come from this valley.

Originally I was going to make wood furniture for the armalite chassis, but it might wind up on my Savage .22 bolt gun. I love the gun but hate the stock.

Back