• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mesa Tact Brace adapter

I looked at all of them pretty carefully. I liked the Tacstar one the best because of the way it follows the lines of the receiver pretty well.

https://www.cabelas.com/product/TACSTAR-SHOTGUN-AR-STOCK-ADAPTOR/2530147.uts

PicsArt_01-25-06.14.20.jpg

The Ergo is plastic, so cross threading could be a problem.

For me, (dis-vet), the Mesa was just too expensive. This is what I'm aiming for with mine. I blended the line between receiver and adapter to show how they follow the lines with the adapter. I'll be finishing the adapter to match the receiver so it looks like one piece. Plus, the Tacstar is metal, not plastic. It's heavier than plastic, (probably), but feels very substantial.

PicsArt_02-12-08.42.42.png

I had the tube, castle nut, and brace already. Gotta get the corncob forend to fit, and finish the wood. Work in progress!

Last edited:
Here's an actual pic of the progress. You can kinda see how the Tacstar follows the receiver's lines. This is why I chose it. You can also see the color/finish difference between the two.

PicsArt_03-05-04.04.51.jpg

Post a pic of yours when you get Mesa the Mesa one. Those three are the only stock adapters I could find for the Mossy, (Mesa, Tacstar, and Emgo). Has anybody found any others?

Has anyone here used the Mesa tact brace adapter on their 590? What tube and brace did you use??

One thing to consider, Dogman. In order to ensure and be able to demonstrate to the ATF that you won't remove the buffer tube while the pistol grip is still attached, consider welding the two together like I did. This way it'll never be under the 26" rule that makes the Shockwave legal.

Not sure about the Mesa grip adapter, though. Here's where the Tacstar one is.

PicsArt_03-07-06.14.11.jpg

*CAUTION*CAUTION*CAUTION*

After thinking about it, I have drilled mine out. I realized I could not remove the stock adapter from the receiver because it attaches to the receiver BEFORE the buffer tube is screwed in. Rethinking...

Last edited:
Looks good. Governor here in Ohio signs the legislation that was passed the other day, I'll be able to get my own shockwave March 28th. Bummer that you have to do all this and can't buy it as is like the Remington ones, but I'd rather have the shockwave so I guess I'll be doing it too

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

Looks good. Governor here in Ohio signs the legislation that was passed the other day, I'll be able to get my own shockwave March 28th. Bummer that you have to do all this and can't buy it as is like the Remington ones, but I'd rather have the shockwave so I guess I'll be doing it too

The Remington Tac-14 and the Mossberg Shockwave should be legally the same, I think. If you can buy the Remington one legally now, you *should be able to buy the Mossberg, no?

The Remington Tac-14 and the Mossberg Shockwave should be legally the same, I think. If you can buy the Remington one legally now, you *should be able to buy the Mossberg, no?
No. We can't buy either yet. They just added language and refer to it as the shockwave clause in the bill. I just like Mossberg more than Remington is the only point I was trying to make.

Dogman, this is what I was talking about when I said the Tacstar adapter follows the receiver's lines better than the others. I think I'm going to strip and refinish my adapter to be closer to the Shockwave receiver.

PicsArt_03-13-10.04.10.jpg

Josh, did you get yours yet? I saw that Ohio passed that law.

Dogman, this is what I was talking about when I said the Tacstar adapter follows the receiver's lines better than the others. I think I'm going to strip and refinish my adapter to be closer to the Shockwave receiver.

View attachment 20319

Josh, did you get yours yet? I saw that Ohio passed that law.
No, it is signed ..but doesn't go into effect until March 28th. Very soon thereafter..[emoji16]

Back