• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning all. Clear skies this morning 48 degrees. The high hopefully will be 60. We have no wind to speak of today either.

Ya'll have a great day and be safe.

I had a winchester 22mag pump. I thought I would like it. But I just couldn't get into it. Seemed cheap, and felt like a toy gun. Didn't like that. So I sold it.
However, that one, I would have absolutely no problem using. I love the old octagonal barrel style, and I have always wanted a lever...

I have wanted a .22 mag rifle ever since I bought a .22 mag revolver.
I like everything about this gun. I would have bought a bigger caliber, but already have levers in .22 .30 .38 & .45 calibers
I am starting to get anxious, but still 6 more days . . .
I'm starting to think about a Ruger #1 or a replica Sharps again. I will consider .45-70 govt for sure. Even .45-90

First I have to pay my wife off for some ductwork and electrical we bought on credit. Also I want to buy another pre-fab shed as a workshop.
Lots of things I don't just want to do in the garage.

Phooo . . . . I expected to never buy on credit again. Everything we own is paid for. I wanted to keep it that way.

Oh, well. A few months and I will again be debt-free.

I finished all the welding on my gate except for the handle. I forgot to do the handle.

I was going to sand and paint it today (it got to 72F) but I tweaked my bad knee yesterday.

I just wasn't up for the pain.

No problemo . . . it's gonna be 76F tomorrow.

79F by Monday (!) but I'll probably "just" go shooting. ;)

Good morning afternoon Mossberg owners.

I still haven't finished the welding and painting. I've tweaked my knee and I'm limping around.

I'm wearing green and I think I'll go have a beer.

Good morning all. Looks like a beauty of a day shaping up. The high should be in the mid 60s again.

I was going to go to Omaha this past weekend but the flooding up that way convinced me to stay home. The eastern part of Nebraska is experiencing the worst flooding they have had in 50 years.

I went to a gun show Saturday for a couple of hours. I didn't buy anything, but enjoyed myself. Yesterday I went for a motorcycle ride. I ended up riding about 100 miles with two friends . The temps were in the 60s, clear skies, and no wind.

Cadd, I sure like that .22 mag lever. That should be a nice shooter.

Ya'll have a great day. Be safe and stay vigilant.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

My knee was in bad shape yesterday and fairly swollen, so I packed it and ice in this morning it's a lot better.

I can actually bend it and I'm walking without a cane. But I'm not walking very far!

I think today I will mostly lounge and play with my fish.

Two very very different fishes in my tank have decided to breed & they did it in a tank with 12 other fish. I guess the biological urge was just undeniable.

Leeloo, an electric blue lake Malawi mbuna...
20181001_075744_resized_1(1).jpg
Buttercup, a bright yellow 6" haplochromis from Lake Tanganyika.
1548010952889.jpg
This is an old photograph and he is now 2x larger than Leeloo.

Now Little Leeloo is now holding eggs, and Buttercup is the proud papa. She will not eat for about 3 weeks while the eggs incubate in her mouth.

Meanwhile I had to pen her and Buttercup up due to extreme breeding aggression.

It is well known that these African cichlids can hybrid readily, but South American Cichlids never do. I might wind up with some babies that look like calicos. In the business they are called OBs or orange blots.

Good morning men. Not much going on here this morning thankfully. A rare peaceful morning. The sun is out though and it looks like it's going to at least look like a beautiful day even if it is on the chilly side with a northwestern wind.

We had a pretty good frost on the windshield at 7AM. Temps are supposed to be steadily warming up through the weekend and they said we might even break 60* this coming Sunday.

Well good news for me. I have overpaid my taxes and Uncle Sam will have to send me something $$$ back.

I was expecting to get screwed pretty good this year because of the change in tax laws but that did not happen.

So who knows . . . maybe that falling block Sharp's replica is in my future

Good morning fellow Mossberg owners and fishing enthusiasts.

My knee is feeling better and I'm walking more normally today, so I might actually get out and take a look at my boat. Since it's all electric basically I check the water in the batteries and put it on the charger for a while.

But it's been covered up through several rains and I don't know how much mold might be inside. Every year I spray the inside of the boat with Lysol, because there's a kind of black mold that grows around here.

Hopefully it won't be much and I won't have to scrub anything. It won't please me at all if my boat looks like some filthy scow.

But this has been a very rainy winter for us so I'm expecting some.

Today it's sunny and bright. I got to go mail my tax papers in. Time to get out and catch some vitamin D!

My doctor told me that to get enough vitamin D without additional supplements I would need to spend at least 30 minutes a day in the sun completely naked.

Of course a sunlamp would do the same thing, but instead of getting naked I just take the pills.

Morning all you Mossbergers. Clear skies and 43. Last night I went out a couple of times to view the moon. WOW, it was bright. Mother nature is incredible.

Today should be another beauty. I'm going to get ready for my weekend trip to visit family in Ohio. I'll drive Friday, visit for three days, then drive home Tuesday.

Have a great day.

Yeah, the moon has been bright the last couple of nights.

I often take my dog out about 10PM to let him pee and it was bright enough that you could probably have read a newspaper. It at least wasn't any dimmer than using an old kerosene lantern to read by.

Safe travels and I hope you have a great time.

Back