• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New Target After Confederate Statues

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
We all knew the confederate statues was only the beginning. This court cover some or all of Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina and South Carolina.

bladensburg_cross.jpg

Bladensburg World War I Veterans Memorial, Bladensburg, Md. (First Liberty Institute.)

Back in 1925, the American Legion erected a memorial in Bladensburg, Md., to honor the memory of 49 men who perished during World War I.

The 40-foot tall memorial became known as the "Peace Cross."

In 2014, the American Humanist Association -- a group that believes in "being good without a god" -- filed a lawsuit alleging the cross-shaped memorial is unconstitutional and demanding it be demolished, altered, or removed.

They alleged the cross carries "an inherently religious message and creates the unmistakable appearance of honoring only Christian servicemen."

"Today's decision sets dangerous precedent by completely ignoring history, and it threatens removal and destruction of veterans memorials across America."

On Wednesday, the Fourth Circuit Court of Appeals agreed and ruled the historic memorial must be torn down -- all because the Bladensburg Memorial is in the shape of a cross.

The Fourth Circuit said the memorial excessively entangles the government in religion because the cross is the “core symbol of Christianity” and “breaches” the wall separating church and state.

Writing separately, Chief Judge Gregory wrote, “This Memorial stands in witness to the VALOR, ENDURANCE, COURAGE, and DEVOTION of the forty-nine residents of Prince George’s County, Maryland ‘who lost their lives in the Great War for the liberty of the world.’ I cannot agree that a monument so conceived and dedicated and that bears such witness violates the letter or spirit of the very Constitution these heroes died to defend.”

The American Legion could appeal directly to the Supreme Court.

"Today's decision sets dangerous precedent by completely ignoring history, and it threatens removal and destruction of veterans memorials across America," First Liberty Institute attorney Hiram Sasser said.

First Liberty Institute and the Jones Day law firm are representing the American Legion in their fight.

“This memorial has stood in honor of local veterans for almost 100 years and is lawful under the First Amendment,” Jones Day attorney Michael Carvin said. “To remove it would be a tremendous dishonor to the local men who gave their lives during The Great War.”

I warned Americans in my new book, “The Deplorables’ Guide to Making America Great Again,” that the war against religious liberty and traditional American values is far from over.

A militant group of atheists, agnostics and free-thinkers want to eradicate Christianity in the public marketplace. The only way to stop this evil scourge is for people of faith to stand together and fight back in the courts.

Yeah, some people have been complaining about God for a long time. And they will complain until the end of their time.

And just maybe perhaps a whole, whole lot longer.

Another example of some do gooder being offended by an inanimate object.

You start by eliminating history that doesn't fit your agenda. That makes it easier to indoctrinate the generations that follow.

In Austin, they are changing school names with any reference to the Confederacy, no matter how obscure. John Reagan, a postmaster for Confederacy, Sydney Lanier, a poet who fought for the Confederacy, Zachary Fulmore, a lawyer and Confederate soldier, and John T. Allan, a lawyer and officer in the Confederate army.

These are old established schools that have been around for well over 60 years. The reasoning: They want names that embody equity and social justice. One suggested name was "Moon Tower". Gimme a break.

Well imagine if they started up a place called Obamaland, that catered to black folks looking for a Disneyland Style Adventure without all the whiteness.

So far this is just a rumor I started, so don't get all excited about riding on the Soul-O-Copter or the White Nationalist shooting gallery. None of that stuff is any more likely than a black man getting elected president in America twice.

In Huntsville Texas, just north of Houston is a HUGE statue of Sam Houston. The 4th largest city in the country (soon be the 3rd) is named after him. Will they demand that Houston changes its name? Sam Houston did once own slaves. But on a positive note, he freed them all and he didn't want the Republic of Texas to join the Confederacy.

There is a HUGE difference between teaching history and commemorating, honoring, romanticizing and glorifying the Confederacy and its rebellion against the United States of America and the fact it went to war to preserve its "peculiar institution" ... chattel slavery. The traitors to our Union who led the military of the Confederacy should not be honored by having US military bases named after them.

I'm so tired of the BS that "no it was not about slavery" .... of course it was. This is so easily documented via examination of all the primary sources, state constitutions, and declarations by the various Confederate states.

Let everyone learn the history of the Civil War...stop honoring and commemorating the Confederacy and its armed rebellion against the United States of America.

I say all this as a white man born and raised in the Deep South.

Last edited:
I'm so tired of all the BS period. It is ridiculous to change the names of these iconic military bases. It is ridiculous for Lady Antebellum to change their name because Antebellum sounds like the civil war which was fought over slavery. It is ridiculous to pull TV shows like Cops and Live PD off the air. It is ridiculous to remove statutes of Confederate soldiers and to ban the Stars and Bars at Daytona. All those things and more....nothing but virtue signaling.

I respectively hope before people start quoting perceived "facts" about the civil war they will do a little research.

There is a four part book series entitled, "The Battles and Leaders of the Civil War" which describes in great detail the differences and the chronology of the conflict. Being close to 3000 pages it's certainly not the Wikipedia version or two pages from a current and politically approved grade school history book. But this series is well worth reading sometime during your lifetime.

Being a career military veteran it deplore this "political" effort to rename bases, streets, weapons, etc. But most pushing this know nothing of the honor or tradition of these military facilities or the millions of Americans who served at these facilities.

What's next? Let's rename cities across America because someone is offended!

Maybe someone will ask the American Indians if they are offended by the settlers who took their land away, killed their food supply, and herded them onto reservations.

Check the history of your town's name - you might be surprised which foreign government, leader or conflict it's tied to.

While I respect everyone's right to their opinion, I don't necessarily need to agree with them. That's what's wonderful about America!

Regards

What I hear is that many people don't have the grace to forgive the past sins, learn from it, and move on.

My ancestors came here, driven due to war and starvation in Europe.
They were basically refugees from the horror of Nazi wars.

But somehow I am responsible or benefited because rich colonists long dead when they arrived, had owned slaves and killed indians for hundreds of years.

The sins of slavers are pasted on me without thought, because I'm a WASP.
And therefore automatically racist.

And the people promoting these ideas want white Americans to vote for them?

:punish:

My take is that there is a group of folks that think we can never be forgiven for the past. They hate America and want to overthrow from within. If it takes violence and they are ok with that. First though they have to erase the history of this country.

The anarchists want to creat their own country. What they have discovered is a bunch of liberal governors and mayors that are willing accomplishes. In many cases the police chiefs as well. I don't think they really care about past indiscretions so much as they want to destroy this country and eate their own.

These people don't care about George Floyd, he just happened to be an excuse. They used him, with the help of the media to whip a lot of young people into a frenzy.

If Minneapolis and Seattle can't open people's eyes I don't know what will. Law abiding citizens in those cities are sitting around doing nothing while their so called leaders are allowing riots, looting, killings, and police precincts to be taken over. Good people had better take a stand while they can.

Weather may play a big factor. It has been more variable than normal.
The real factor is opportunism, as we saw with the Floyd protest.

People in Seattle are hoping for a miracle, because clearly neither side has a visible plan.
Other than doing nothing.

I commented on a FB euro car post because some weinie was offended someone called a car a "jap" car or something like that. Here is what I said: "Too many people are too easily offended or looking to be offended in this country. :rolleyes: You'all need to lighten the fornication up and concern yourselves with more important things! :mad:" I got many thumbs up for that one... :)

Anyhow, I heard the following about reparations on BBC radio last night. LINK Not really worth listening to unless you want to hear justification and numbers on his proposal. The guest is the founder of BET channel and straight-up racist, IMO... :mad: AFAIAC, my relatives had NOTHING to do with slavery in this country nor do I feel at all responsible for it, so reparations are BS!

Reparitions have been going on for 50 years. Food stamps, public and or subsidized housing, grants for higher education, affirmative action and preferred hiring, Medicaid, and Others that escape me at the moment.

It's not a lack of money, it's bad attitudes by some that get all of the attention.

We have a political machine in this country, that is hostage to an economic valve, which is controlled by a (largely unchristian) social engine. All the world's a stage, and these are the stars of the show.

The political machine is our two-party government that takes/spends half our money for us.

The economic valve is the propaganda/media/advertising biz that determines whose politics/products/art/messages get seen, and how. Money for politics usually flows thru it.

The social engine is the phone-world of mass communication. Hundreds of Millions with handheld ports feeding data to the world. There is constant feedback in the system. Government attempts to moderate the dataflow have been largely circumvented. It is too easy to lie and too difficult to hide from a lie.

Symbiotic connections make the main powers mutually dependent, in the world of diverse investment income. While a rising tide lifts all ships, one breach or leak anywhere affects us all as well, or at least if it becomes known. Who controls mass info often controls mass thought. The feedback screws with control.

It was once that a mob could only be a local phenomenon. The energy usually was small and died out quickly.
Modern tech has made a worldwide mob possible. It will sabotage whatever it can to control whatever it can, in the interest of whatever it thinks it wants.

Back