• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

How did you hear about or find MossbergOwners.com??

I was googeling wildely about Mossberg suff.. cant remember exactly about what that linked me here..

I might have misspelled some words here :D

I was looking for any info on a date of manufacture and found this site so I'd just like to say "Greetings" to all you guys and gals that appreciate Mossberg firearms.

Welcome to all of the new members and hello to our established members!

How did you find MossbergOwners.com!? Did you find us through a google search for something specific? Did a friend/family member tell you about us? Did you see a decal on the back of someone's vehicle? Did you see us on one of the sister sites?
Tell us your story of how you came across the best gun forum on the Internet <----I may be a little biased ;)

I look forward to reading about how we all ended up in the same place!
Hi everyone. Everyone calls me J.R. not junior.
How did I find the group. By surfing the web. I'm a huge fan of Mossberg. Have owned many and still have many. Not too many years ago I couldn't spell computer, let alone operate one, now I can't move without a smartphone in my hand or pocket. I'll be 68 year's Young in November.
The main reasons I carry a tactical Mossberg is that I'm in Brown and Black Bear a lot. I kayak fish I the back country all over Canada Alaska and most of the northern States. I hope to find members out in the deep Wood's maybe we could have a shore dinner or lunch.
Have a great day and enjoy life and each other.

That's one of the finer introductions I have ever seen.

So, I want to take a minute to say welcome and to let you know that you'll fit in great here because there's a lot of good guys here on the forum.

I bought a 702 Plinkster from a local pawn shop and was having issues using CCI Stingers (My preferred hunting ammo) with the original Mag. They would stick while loading them in and would jam during firing. Did a google search and you guys came up. After seeing other posts mentioning the same rounds and not mentioning any issues I decided to sign up and see if I could get some thoughts on it. I had ordered a couple of new mags (ProMag ones) afterward and they seem to work fine. Haven't fired the stingers out of them yet but did load and cycle them out with no issues. Will be taking them out for the Spring Squirrel season next month.

Welcome to all of the new members and hello to our established members!

How did you find MossbergOwners.com!? Did you find us through a google search for something specific? Did a friend/family member tell you about us? Did you see a decal on the back of someone's vehicle? Did you see us on one of the sister sites?
Tell us your story of how you came across the best gun forum on the Internet <----I may be a little biased ;)

I look forward to reading about how we all ended up in the same place!

First I have to say I am glad I found this forum. I was doing a search for the dovetail size for my mossy 340ka. I received this as a house warming gift. Found my way on to a HiPoint forum and some on there suggested I had this way. :sniper:So I shoot over and looked through out the site. After hours of looking around the information I needed was found in parts. Enough so that I could order the right size front end dovetail. Thank you!

Mav with 20 in bbl and truglo choke.jpg

Hi all, tis a dreary and cold morning here in the middle of the country but I have nothing to complain about. I think I found the big MO when I was trying to decide between an MMR and an MVP and needed input. I have been a Mossberg user since I got my first Pumper at Monkey Wards back in about '72? I just don't remember but I remembered how nice my friend's 22 semiauto Mossy with the flip down forend worked and decided I needed to try a Mossberg. My first shotgun was a Stevens 311 12 ga. that kicked the bejesus out of me and swelled my California Howdy finger every time I fired the front trigger. I got a 22 bolt gun and said H with that big gun. I traded the shotgun even p for the Marlin 22. I didn't shoot very good with it so I got a Glenfield Model (550?). I became the scourge of the woods and shot so many squirrels and rabbits I decided to use a 22 again and got a Marlin Model 60. Then I got a good deal on a Charles Daly camo'd 20 ga. pump at a gun show and it was stiff (new condition) then and is stiff now. I put a Poly Choke on it and it served well but when I moved to Iowa I ate more skunk and goose eggs than rabbit and squirrel. Filet mignon became cheaper to eat than all my hunting and fishing licenses combined. So what do I do? I bought more guns.
Then I got into targets...not nearly as much fun, and you can eat paper if you cook it long enough but I never desired to try it. I got a few other guns and then finally decided I needed another Mossberg. First a MVP, then the MMR and finally the Maverick 88 12 ga., and 2 extra barrels I should sell. I made it mine with a new takedown screw with the thread for a sling stud, a few studs for spares, a sling swivel set from Uncle mimes and a sling from Cabelas. I decided on a shorter barrel and got a 24" ported and then I decided I wanted a Poly Choke. It was different from the C-Lect choke I had on my Glenfield but worked the same and was a must for me. I was spoiled.

Poly Choke went belly up and I had to go through PayPal to get a refund of the money I spent at Poly Choke. I saw that Tru-Glo has an adjustable choke so I ordered one and stuck it on the 24" ported barrel. Then it dawned on me that a ported choke (Tru-Glo is a ported choke) probably would not work well on a ported barrel. Next stop, Mossberg sale for a 20" barrel. I wanted a 12 gauge with a 26" barrel. Not available. Thus trying the shorter new barrels on for size and coming up with this solution: 20" barrel with a 3 3/4" appx length choke. Now I have the 28" barrel that came with the shotgun...fired 3 rounds only; a 24" ported barrel never fired and a new 20" barrel with a new Tru-Glo choke on the almost new Maverick 88 that I am anxious to shoot. I will eventually write up the extra barrels in the classified WTS section. I think I posted the picture in the Maverick 88 forum but I don't remember. I will make sure I post something here so it is easier to find. Not fancy. Just fabulous.

Thanks for reading. Shoot straight, shoot a lot and be safe. God Loves ya and so do I.:yourock:

Last edited:
I was looking for a bolt action .223 that accepted AR mags and Mossberg was mentioned on the Savage site. So I checked it out and may buy a MVP Predator instead of an Axis.

MG, Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN.

license_20121027180427_80337.jpg

Back