• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

laser mount will this work?

jerry52

Copper BB
Redfield 2 Piece Base Mossberg 500 Aluminum Black has anyone tried just one base with a small crimson trace laser cmr 206 or would it be better to cut down a rail to a smaller size?

I run a full length one piece. No sense cutting it down. But using half of the Redfield would work just as well.

As far as the laser, I'm using a LaserLyte V4. It's the smallest laser I could find, and the buttons are on the back. No moving parts, nothing to snag. Unfortunately, I don't think they are available in green.

I put a picatinny rail and a Hog Hunter Green laser. You need the most powerful laser available for daylight. The hog hunter has a beam that can be wide or focused to a point. it’s manually switched on at the back right above the safety and very rugged. It holds point of aim well zeros at 25 yards. One neat thing is you can get a chamber bore laser from amazon for less than $10. Just chamber it and adjust beams to overlap at desired range. This allows a recheck of point of aim without even firing. I use Dupplick broadhead slugs in mine and they are always right on target. I suggested to Mossberg to engineer a laser for the mag tube. I find that firing at more than 20’ from the hip you really must have a good laser to be accurate. Now if I could only managed to get attacked by bigfoot I’d be ready!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Monstrom Tactical mount. CT Green Laser.
ct_zpsjn59pka0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]
ct_zpsjn59pka0.jpg
[/URL][/IMG] Not everyone's cup of tea, but it was just lying around unused so I thought I'd see how it looked.

Attachments

• ct1.jpg
    ct1.jpg
    443.4 KB · Views: 39
  • ct.jpg
    ct.jpg
    606 KB · Views: 39
Back