• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Patriot not feeding

Catskinner

Copper BB
I just purchased a new walnut Patriot in .22-250 cal. Went to shoot it and the magazine doesn’t have the rounds high enough to feed properly. With the magazine in as far as I can get it, there is still 1/8” between mag and bottom of mag well. Anyone else have this problem? I have not tried customer service yet. Wanted to see if this is just my rifle or ?? The bolt seems like it is really sloppy and if I lift up on bolt handle it feeds somewhat better,but, not perfect! Not sure if it is a mag problem or bolt problem........any ideas?

I just purchased a new walnut Patriot in .22-250 cal. Went to shoot it and the magazine doesn’t have the rounds high enough to feed properly. With the magazine in as far as I can get it, there is still 1/8” between mag and bottom of mag well. Anyone else have this problem? I have not tried customer service yet. Wanted to see if this is just my rifle or ?? The bolt seems like it is really sloppy and if I lift up on bolt handle it feeds somewhat better,but, not perfect! Not sure if it is a mag problem or bolt problem........any ideas?
My first patriot(synthetic though) had an occasional bolt sliding over round issue. I snapped a couple pics and emailed customer service 2 days latter a new mag and housing was in mailbox, worked great after the,swap. The follower on the original mag was very sloppy in its lift , when it came up flat its was fine but,on occasion would tilt ?????hmmm where have we seen this before......

Last edited:
I've not had a chance to shoot my .308 any more than the single shot I took when I got her on my birthday. However, I did have a similar experience on the first round I tried to chamber. I dropped the mag, reseated it with a good "tap". It chambered after that. Hope to get out to the range this weekend. Will post results afterward.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

Had a chance to go to the range today. Zero issues with feeding outside of the cheap monarch cases leaving behind chips of lacquer on the bolt face, thus preventing me from chambering. Once cleared, she ran like a champ.

Sent from my Vivo XL4 using Tapatalk

Back