• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Where do you guys buy your Ammo?

2018 Update: Occasionally I'll get a 420rd 5.56 can (65gr) from PSA. Last one was $130? delivered? Try to spend at least $200/month on ammo, usually WalMart for range ammo (9mm, 45ACP and .223). Spent $40 on 8mm (2 boxes) at a large LGS mainly because they had it in stock and because I wanted to sightsee... :) I've been tempted at a case buy of 9mm--probably online and certainly by election day... :eek:

PS: bitches (male and female) are talking "ammo tax" so be sure to make it known to your congressperson that this is unacceptable and only penalizes the less fortunate and makes it more dangerous because they will not be able to afford to practice.

Depends on quantity...
Usually buy a box or two a week at Wally world, but in bulk, sgammo, sometimes lucky Gunner. Just depends on deal.

Sent from my moto e5 cruise using Tapatalk

I use Lucky Gunner and Target Sports for bulk buys. I go through around 250 9mm per range visit. So getting 1000 at a time amortizes the shipping cost. Have it shipped to work and the security guard at the desk receives it so no sitting on the front steps. For my lower volume ammo I’ll buy what’s on sale at a local LGS.

Check ammoseek.com

My supply has come from sgammo, aimsurplus, used to frequent freedom munitions when they were good. Have gotten some good deals from ammunition depot and midway sales.

I use Lucky Gunner and Target Sports for bulk buys. I go through around 250 9mm per range visit. So getting 1000 at a time amortizes the shipping cost. Have it shipped to work and the security guard at the desk receives it so no sitting on the front steps. For my lower volume ammo I’ll buy what’s on sale at a local LGS.
Are you a member of the Target Sports USA Prime club? Seems like this would be a good way to go. I think savings average about 8% on ammo, plus you get free shipping on all ammo, even if you order small quantities. I'm not a member yet, but have been tempted to join. But I don't buy enough ammo to make it worth the annual $95 membership.

Definitely purchase by the case. The last purchase(s) I did was before Election Day of 2016. Been shooting since then and still haven’t had to spend any $ on ammo to shoot for any multi day class or afternoon trip to the desert.

2cfweup.jpg

Centerfire ammo fits nicely in ammo cans but I put the shells in the small safe. Shells take up a lot of space.

9mm and .38spl /.357 Academy Sports and sometimes Cabelas if have a coupon . Ordered couple boxes Aguila Mini slugs from Target Sports USA at a good price , Academy here wanted $18.99

Ran across this today and ordered some 9mm from ammunition depot. Free shipping on orders over $99. A couple manufacturer choices of new factory 9mm starting at .17 per round.

I got blazer brass at .18 per round delivered and purchases before 4 July get grunt style shirt and or hoodie for free. That’s $70 in clothes for my order.

I could look at it as .14 and half cents per round delivered with hoodie and T-shirt included.

I usually buy the 100 round Federal Champion 9mm Brass pack at Walmart for $17.99. They shoot really well out of my Glocks and I can fit 27 boxes into a large ammo can. Lately I have been shooting the Aguila 62 gr. 5.56 FMJ with good results. I got a few boxes the other day for $15/50 from Rural King, but typically pay $20/50 from the LGS.

Mostly .22 for me as well. Occasionally I'll pick up a box or two of .22 mag if the price is right.

I use to buy at Wally World till they went anti 2A. Academy is my go to now. Get a lot from the gun show too. Cabelas if I can't find something local. Won't do mail order, don't like Fedx or UPS knowing what I have. OPSEC ya know.

I use Wally World a lot, and we have a local farm store that is usually comparable to WM in price. I have ordered some 00 buck from Midway USA a while back, don't remember the price. I prefer buying locally but I will do mail order if I need to.

Myself, I usually buy from Cabela's using my Cabela's Bucks. I've spent less than $2.00 (two) dollars with them in the last 18 months. If I watch daily I have found 10% off specials, free shipping with no minimum purchase, plus always a 5% discount for Veterans. But here in Florida there's no escaping state sales tax. Sometimes I use the Army/Air Force Exchange Service (AAFES). Not always the best prices, but always free shipping and no sales tax ever.

However, they both use either UPS or FedEx. For me it's been no biggie so far, since the feds know the instant I use my credit/debit card exactly what I've bought, how much and where. I am getting to the point that I will start using cash at a LGS just for privacy's sake. Wish it could be so for buying new firearms.

I also live pretty close to Graf and Sons, so if my wife and I want to have a day out we will go to Mexico, MO and shop at Graf's. I also like them because they use a flat rate shipping for online orders. They're really good folks down there too.

I decided to try Target Sports USA a couple weeks ago and was very pleased. I needed 20 gauge buckshot and they had Remington Express for $149.99/case shipped. Can't beat that with a big stick. They shipped from CT, so I escaped the FL sales tax, too. I was just pleased to find that they had it in stock at the time. Cabela's has been my primary source and they're out and been out. I still have another shipment on back order with them.

20 gauge isn't even the most common ammo, yet it's hard to find right now from many vendors. Fortunately, we're better situated with our handgun and birdshot ammo. Now the home defense shotgun ammo is in a bit better shape, too. It's wild times, guys & gals. Never stop stockin'!

i have an order of some
Federal Shorty Shotshell 12 Gauge Ammo 1 3/4" 4 Buck
ammo from target sports...they said a 3 week turnaround time and i think i'm into it for 1 week so far.
they offered free shipping too plus will deliver to my home in NY which lots of internet dealers wont do.

I have had very good luck on Ammoseek.com You can save your searches by signing up free too.
When I've qualified to place an add I'll be posting some Aguila mini buck and 7.5shot I'd like to trade or sell, purchase early May 2020.

Welcome to the forum. I used ammo seek a few times, but after a while I started to find favorite places that I keep going back to. Not all of them show up on ammo seek. Some of my favorites as far ammo prices and shipping charges are:

Target Sports USA
SGAmmo
Palmetto State Armory
Outdoor limited

Every once in a while I see decent sale prices and $5 shipping at Cabela's and Bass Pro. Academy Sports usually has free shipping over $25. Sorta makes up for their slightly higher prices.
Right now it's hard to find any pistol or rifle ammo in stock. Especially the higher quality stuff. Probably the same for shot gun ammo.

Prices are higher everywhere now and the online stores have jacked up their shipping charges to squeeze even more out of us. I like those mini shells too for my Mossberg 590A1. Haven't tried the birdshot or slugs yet, but the buckshot works well with the adapter.

Back