• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bear Creek Arsenal/Moore Manufacturing

If anyone wants a Bear Creek Barrel in 308 let me know

Oh, snap !!

https://rantnc.com/2019/02/05/ice-agents-detain-at-least-70-at-sanford-manufacturing-plant/
Agents from Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) arrested approximately 30 men and women for “identification theft and fraud” from Bear Creek Arsenal — a manufacturer of AR-15 firearms and firearm products — in Sanford this morning.
The incident has led to several Latino-owned businesses in Sanford closing their doors today.
According to the Raleigh-based online news site QuéPasa, ICE agents entered the Bear Creek facility, located at 310 McNeill Road in Sanford, at around 8 a.m. Tuesday morning. Sources told the Rant that at least 70 people were detained, though Lee County Sheriff Tracy Carter could not provide a number of people taken into custody [Carter later posted on Facebook the number arrested was closer to 30].
“There was an ICE raid on a local business today,” Carter told The Rant. “It was something ICE had been working on for a while. We did assist with the operation. We don’t know how many people were taken into custody.”
State troopers, federal agents and Lee County deputies could be seen pulling over cars along U.S. 1 near the Burns Drive exit as early as 7:30 a.m. Tuesday (Burns Drive is one of two entrance ways to Bear Creek Arsenal). Carter wanted to stress that this was not a “random search,” and said there were “extenuating circumstances concerning identification theft and fraud.”
“[ICE] didn’t just show up here and go to a random business and start rounding people up,” Carter said. “This was based on an investigation of this business and their hiring practices and the undocumented individuals who were working there.”
=================

Update (2:02 p.m.): Bear Creek Arsenal issued the following statement to the Rant regarding the arrests: “Today there were several employees of Bear Creek Arsenal who were detained by law enforcement. This is a result of an investigation conducted by Homeland Security into employment that was obtained by either ID theft or fraudulent information. Bear Creek Arsenal has cooperated with Homeland Security during this lengthy process. Homeland Security confirmed that our Human Resource Department had complied with all laws, rules, and regulations in our hiring practice.”
Update (1:39 p.m.): A Facebook post from Lee County Sheriff Tracy Carter says “approximately 30 people” were arrested today. The Rant reported earlier that 70 were detained, but did not provide a clear number arrested.

Many years ago I knew a fellow that was part owner of a beef packing plant in Nebraska. Every once in a while the immigration and naturalization service, now know as ICE would raid the plant and usually make about 100 arrests. He had three people in their human resource department whose only purpose was to verify paperwork of the employees which numbered roughly 1000, of which probably 800 were from south of the border. I am sure the problem is larger now that it was in the 90s.

Great, now I'll never be able to sell my 308 barrel. Not that it was worth that much to begin with.

There is a topic on xdtalk where a(nother) guy had to send back an upper that wasn't chambered right.

It arrived today and if it's any consolation, they did email him to let him know they received it back so they're not out of business but will be short handed for a while I guess.

And judging by my sons experience last year hasn't changed, that will be the last time they hear from them for the next month or two and they won't answer the phone or emails either.

https://www.xdtalk.com/threads/bear-creek-6-5-grendel-upper-review.441901/#post-7628929

Tha barrel appears fine and chambers fine, I just have no use for it as I went with a diff option.

It was impulse buy that I got cheap before I really knew what I wanted to build.

A buddy of mine bought a BCA 16" .300 BLK upper assy that came with the BCG and CH and a 15" M-Lok rail for like $299. Everything looked good except the carrier key was not staked properly. We (with our feeble skills) used a pointed punch and re-staked it, but I told him to check it frequently. We also built up a lower for it and put the 2 together into a pretty nice little carbine. We put around 75 rounds through it with zero issues, so early indications are good. He has since deployed to the sandbox for the next year or so, so it's gonna sit in his safe until he gets home.

Good heads up. I remember DJcala mentioning that he was asking them about some custom pieces. Don't recall weather anything came of it or not.
Just saw this, sorry so,late. I spent about 3 months back and forth with Bear Creek, initially they were all in and ready to do something, then suddenly crickets for,several,weeks. Then live again, but all the wrong answers to my questions. Basically they were a NO-GO, good marketing poor execution.

I suppose I should list my 308 barrel for sale despite the bad press someone might want a cheap barrel. LOL

I suppose I should list my 308 barrel for sale despite the bad press someone might want a cheap barrel. LOL
Your barrel may be right as rain Mike, who knows puts some rounds down range first , plenty of good AND bad from manufacturers

Your barrel may be right as rain Mike, who knows puts some rounds down range first , plenty of good AND bad from manufacturers
I have no issues with the barrel, I just decided to go with a 24' bull barrel for my build so I don't need it.

Since you used a different barrel in the build, I'd list it as a BCA 308 barrel and sell away.

My Bear Creek had a too long recoil spring that caused the bolt lock to fail on the last shot. I clipped off (IIRC) 12 turns of the coil and it runs smooth as glass now. Nowhere the problem you had. It is as ugly as a mud fence but I can't see anything else wrong with it.

Clipped off 12 coils?

What did they do, use a rifle buffer spring in a car buffer tube? You may also want to check to make sure it has the right buffer in it too.

Clipped off 12 coils?

What did they do, use a rifle buffer spring in a car buffer tube? You may also want to check to make sure it has the right buffer in it too.

Yep, and the buffer is the right one. I have a chart showing how long each buffer and spring should be for each length gun. It was a kit so I imagine the parts were just plucked out of a bin w/o a lot of checking to see what was what. I will get a new spring eventually but I don't just want to order one cheapie little part...and spend 3x that for shipping. I got talked into building one and I did it. I am not crazy about ar's. My MVP is heavy as sin but it drills tiny 5 shot holes. The MMR is untested past 50 yards. I was on the 100 the first time out but that was the day it decided it was a machine gun. It has been out since then testing the new trigger and it works. But the trigger is heavy, so, because I like the MMR better than the BCA, I will be taking out the Velocity trigger from the BCA and putting it in the MMR. The MMR has a new enhanced Stoner, which is a bit smoother but still too stiff for good control. I don't like the carbine well enough to give it a Velocity trigger so it is marked for sale. It is reliable and does not misfeed nor misfire. It never has messed up yet after I fixed the initial problems.

Back