• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New XS Ember Night Sight opinions

I just got this yesterday (pic #1) but haven't attached it yet until I can get some opinions from others with maybe the same setup. I have a Mossy 500 that I've attach a flashlight (pic #2 and #3) to the top of the receiver which also comes with a remote pressure switch. I'm not sure of 3 things. 1) Do you think there will be any issues since I can see a little through the mount or maybe better over the top. 2) should I get a different mount which is lower and 3) Do you think the Ember Night sight is the proper one since the flashlight is behind the sight and will shine of it or would the Orange Big Dot be better. Please let me know what you think

Attachments

• sight.jpg
    sight.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 20190505_070038.jpg
    20190505_070038.jpg
    32.9 KB · Views: 15
  • 20190505_070056.jpg
    20190505_070056.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 14
I'm a little confused. Are you going to aim with the new front sight (which you probably won't be able to see) or with the light?

If you are trying to aim with the bead sight, you're going to be shooting way high if you have to look over the picatinny rail.

Thanks for your input. After I mounted the light that's what I was thinking but wanted some other opinions. I had asked those at XS Sights about just the picatinny rail and they said that it shouldn't interfere with sighting but I can remove it. I like the idea of a flashlight so I'll have to see about maybe mounting it some where else return it.

Decided to go another route. Got a NEBO Protect mount and attached it to the mag tube with the flashlight and then attach remote pressure

Attachments

• mount1.jpg
    mount1.jpg
    923.1 KB · Views: 11
  • mount2.jpg
    mount2.jpg
    873.2 KB · Views: 11
Yeah, that's a lot more like I have done on my Winchester 1300 Ranger.

Well here's my tactical shotgun set up. Mossberg 500 with 20" barrel and 7 round mag tube, heavy duty mag tube spring with low drag follower, M*Carbo trigger spring kit, Phoenix Technology Kick Lite recoil reduction 6 position adjustable stock, Hogue Overmold forend, 7-round side saddle on reciever, 5-round shell carrier on stock, tactical flashlight with remote pressure switch, NEBO Protec mount attached to mag tube, GG&G Single point sling adapter and XS Ember Night sight.

Back