• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

WTS: SBE Precision Products Mossberg 930 (Pistons, Followers, Mag Extension Caps)

steven berson

Sponsor
Sponsor
I am the owner of SBE Precision products located in Southern California. We design and manufacture very high quality components for several brands, of shotguns, Pistols, and rifles. We have been producing several components for the Mossberg 930, and Mossberg 500 shotguns.

Mossberg 930 Stainless Steel Competition Piston:

If you shoot your 930 a lot this will literally change the way you look at your shotgun. Cleaning intervals can be increased to well over 1000 shells without any loss of performance or reliability. This piston used only the 930 outer piston ring, and replaces the inner ring with grooves. The result is carbon, and deposits being ejected into the forend instead of staying in the gas system. The photo below is a 2000 shell test done by a competition shooter over the course of several months (he shoots a lot).

http://sbeprecision.com/product/sta...on-piston-for-mossberg-930-ring-not-included/

1-570x600.jpg

3-150x150.jpg

Mossberg 930 High visibility follower.
These followers are CNC machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum and finished in a bright orange anodize with Teflon seal. The result is a great visual indication of empty magazine tube as well as tactile indication by feeling for the hole in the face of the follower. The follower has a tail to prevent spring kinking, and a machines spring pocket groove prevents open ended (nordic) springs from scraping the inside of the magazine tube.

.http://sbeprecision.com/product/mossberg-930-comp-tac-12-gauge-aluminum-alloy-follower/
s-l1600-570x640.jpg

s-l1600-1-150x150.jpg

Plus One Nordic Endcap:

This is an excellent addition to any JM PRO or SPX that uses Nordic extensions. This cap will add a plus one capacity to the JM Pro for a full 10 shells in the tube. On athe SPX with 2 shot extension it will bring capacity back to 7 and be flush with the muzzle.

http://sbeprecision.com/product/plus-one-extension-tube-endcap-for-nordic-mxt/

s-l16001-1-570x640.jpg

s-l16001-2-150x150.jpg

We are currently working on some other Mossberg 930 internals that are common failure points for the shotgun so stay tuned.

That's actually some nice looking machinework.

I appreciate folks who are good at what they do.

Thanks, i really take a lot of pride in making things like this. I appreciate when people notice the time and effort it takes to make these things.

Nice. May get one of those pistons.....just because...

Very interested in all the products. Just got a JM 24” and want to compare parts during break in and beyond. Also in SoCal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Just FYI, the link to the piston doesn’t show much. Very interested in all the products. Just got a JM 24” and want to compare parts during break in and beyond. Also in SoCal!

Let me know what questions you have, and what you would like to know about our products.

Thanks Steven. I’ll support nice looking work like this. Really want to test that follower and see how the tip works with my reloading style. Ordering the follower and plus one end cap to try out right now. I’ll be back for the piston when the stock one is put thru it’s paces.

Thanks Steven. I’ll support nice looking work like this. Really want to test that follower and see how the tip works with my reloading style. Ordering the follower and plus one end cap to try out right now. I’ll be back for the piston when the stock one is put thru it’s paces.

I appreciate that.

I am the owner of SBE Precision products located in Southern California. We design and manufacture very high quality components for several brands, of shotguns, Pistols, and rifles. We have been producing several components for the Mossberg 930, and Mossberg 500 shotguns.

Mossberg 930 Stainless Steel Competition Piston:

If you shoot your 930 a lot this will literally change the way you look at your shotgun. Cleaning intervals can be increased to well over 1000 shells without any loss of performance or reliability. This piston used only the 930 outer piston ring, and replaces the inner ring with grooves. The result is carbon, and deposits being ejected into the forend instead of staying in the gas system. The photo below is a 2000 shell test done by a competition shooter over the course of several months (he shoots a lot).

http://sbeprecision.com/product/sta...on-piston-for-mossberg-930-ring-not-included/

1-570x600.jpg

3-150x150.jpg

Mossberg 930 High visibility follower.
These followers are CNC machined from 6061-T6 Aluminum and finished in a bright orange anodize with Teflon seal. The result is a great visual indication of empty magazine tube as well as tactile indication by feeling for the hole in the face of the follower. The follower has a tail to prevent spring kinking, and a machines spring pocket groove prevents open ended (nordic) springs from scraping the inside of the magazine tube.

.http://sbeprecision.com/product/mossberg-930-comp-tac-12-gauge-aluminum-alloy-follower/
s-l1600-570x640.jpg

s-l1600-1-150x150.jpg

Plus One Nordic Endcap:

This is an excellent addition to any JM PRO or SPX that uses Nordic extensions. This cap will add a plus one capacity to the JM Pro for a full 10 shells in the tube. On athe SPX with 2 shot extension it will bring capacity back to 7 and be flush with the muzzle.

http://sbeprecision.com/product/plus-one-extension-tube-endcap-for-nordic-mxt/

s-l16001-1-570x640.jpg

s-l16001-2-150x150.jpg

We are currently working on some other Mossberg 930 internals that are common failure points for the shotgun so stay tuned.
This is an old post. Are you guys still open for business?

I hope he is still around. I wanted him to know something about the SBE Precision magazine follower for the 930 Mossberg shotgun.
His products are great and I use most of them however I discovered the SBE Precision magazine follower for the Mossberg 930 does not work when using a Nordic Components +2 mag tube extension and an SBE Precision +1, Nordic magazine cap.
Theoretically the above combination should allow a 7 +1, 2 3/4" shotshell capacity, however the Mossberg 930, competition magazine follower is too long and will not allow the 7th shotshell into the magazine with the combination of the above-mentioned components.
I switched back to the Mossberg 930, stock, magazine follower, and I was able to fit seven shells into the magazine tube with a quarter inch to spare. Many of you know the Mossberg 930 is very particular about magazine tube spring tension, and if mag tube tension is too strong, the tension will not allow the shell release plate to feed a shell into the carrier.
I could probably make the SBE Precision magazine tube follower work, however I would have to reduce the length of the magazine tube spring to the point where it may not have enough spring tension to properly feed the shotgun shells.
Again this is with the aforementioned combo, the Nordic Components plus 2 mag tube extension, and the SBE Precision plus one extension cap.

As an aside, if one was running a + 8, + 9, or + 10 mag tube extension the length of the magazine follower most likely wouldn't matter.
In my situation, I am running an 18 and a half inch security Barrel, with Carlson's Choke Tubes threaded Remchoke tubes.
The +2 mag tube extension and the +1 extension cap puts the complete length of the magazine tube assy. about 1/2" shorter than the barrel which looks real nice and I am still 7+1 capacity and 9 with a ghost load.

I see his website is up and running. I am looking to try out one of his pistons in my 930 SPX. It does not take alot of shooting before this thing gets filthy.

I have an SBE Precision piston on my 930 custom (my own 3 gun build), and it works really well.
Mossberg uses a very similarly designed piston in their new 940 semi auto shotgun.
On the TFB, YouTube channel, they have a new video of a 500 round torture test of the new Mossberg 940 Tactical, a new model that's premiering this month. The video also shows the new improvements in the Mossberg 940 with respect to the magazine tube spacer and the gas piston.
It is amazing how close the gas piston looks like the SBE Precision gas piston, and how close the magazine tube spacer looks like the or OR3gun magazine tube spacer.

First of all I do not have one of these followers so this is just my opinion from reading this thread. The SBE Precision follower does not look like it will change the number of rounds in your mag tube. It just replaces the 930 factory follower with a sexier one. Purchase one and check it out in the 930. Also try and install it in the 590 and see if it works. If it does buy another. I purchased a number of aftermarket mag followers from MCARBO. The followers worked great in the 500 series pump guns but not that great in my 930 shotguns.

Back