• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500/590/88 issue?

John A.

Unconstitutional laws are not laws.
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
I was recently having a discussion on the Rem owners board and a member pointed out this video that he had made a while back showing a potential weak point in the Mossberg 500 gun that I had never heard of before and I thought I would share it with you guys.

Yes, he did drop the gun multiple times to demonstrate what could happen and it took a few times to do it, but the fact that it did was enough to cause me to sit back in my chair because the lifter did come out of its' socket.

After seeing it, I wonder if the lifter couldn't be drilled and tapped and an antiwalk screw be used on each side. It would be a sure way to ensure that it could not happen and would be an inexpensive "fix" too.

I wonder if spreading out the arms of the lifter before installing help. Yeah, I could see that being a problem for a gun laying on it's side on the floor in the back of a vehicle on a bumpy road.

Sounds like a great reason for anti-walks.

Back