• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Moving target

sdakota

Copper BB
Hello,
Anyone have experience hitting a moving target with a SW?
Perhaps one could find a range with skeet shooting.

Start with trap, (clay flies directly away from you). Then work your way up to skeet, (clays come across in front of you from both sides). Generally, trap is easier to learn first.

Leading a moving target is a funny thing. You'll have an AH-HA moment where you start hitting.

My dad taught me with a really long rope hung from a tall tree. Tied a milk jug full of water to the end. By the time I was out of bee-bees, the jug was empty from the holes.

Each new gun/load combo has taken a few shots before I started hitting.

Practice, practice, practice.

I have no experience shooting at moving targets.
I have no trophies for it either.

Being a member of a club will help get you hitting flying targets.
Shoot as often as you can. It will soon be second nature.

I'm a novice shooting clay. I was using my new Semi Auto 12 Guage Hatfield. And decided to try with my 20 guage Shockwave. The ammo I had for the shockwave was 4 shot. I didn't have any target shot.

I hit clays with both. Missed a lot too as it was my first time.

I'm definitely going to use both from now on

I was using my own clay thrower.

Mossberg fan

I'm a novice shooting clay. I was using my new Semi Auto 12 Guage Hatfield. And decided to try with my 20 guage Shockwave. The ammo I had for the shockwave was 4 shot. I didn't have any target shot.

I hit clays with both. Missed a lot too as it was my first time.

I'm definitely going to use both from now on

I was using my own clay thrower.

Mossberg fan

Use one gun if you want to become proficient breaking clays.
If you are just out to have fun then enjoy shooting with any and all guns you have.
Plenty of people start off just shooting for fun, but competion shooting soon follows.
Enjoy, whatever you choose.

Back