• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. 67 and cloudy this morning. Morning Elbert. Hope you are high and dry and stay that way.

It amazes me the corps didn't increase the rate out of Keystone by a smaller amount last week. I know downstream is always a concern, but bringing it up to say 120,000 cfs 4 or 5 days ago would have prevented the need for what they are doing now. I suppose there is some bird that builds nests on sandbars or some other bs that they were concerned with. It seems like people are always the least of their concerns.

Anyways, I won't be one of the sightseers. I've seen enough flooded areas to last me for the rest of my life.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I've been expecting to hear that New Orleans was underwater anytime now.

We had lots of rain here but it all went down the drain just fine. I live in the desert so I have a different concept about what constitutes lots of rain.

I bought some new aquarium pumps and I am going to spend today working on the plumbing.

Wanted to go shoot but they changed my buddies work schedule and so I decided to save on ammo and stay home.

I hope you all stay secure from tornadoes and high water!

Is there anything that I can do to lend you a hand elbert? I could round up a few $ to help you pay for a hotel room or some gas if you need it.

I think 7 more since then for a total of 11. Crazy weather the past 4 or 5 days. We did not need any more rain.

The keystone has now raised their gates further increasing the flow to 207,000 cfs.

If that isn't enough, two barges (big barges), broke loose from their mooring at Muskogee and are Heading for a lock&adam downstream. Crazy night in Oklahoma.

Last edited:
Good morn, yall in Ok be safe. My army bro said theyve been in storm shelter,all evening. Had touchdown very near theyre home. Nerve racking along with flooding, prayers for,all safety and home protection. Busy day here, gardens are exploding. I'm going on adventure tommorow to have a look at a 1986 Cucv 1028, me :crazy:, wife :angry:, lol
Stay safe all enjoybyour,day
Screenshot_2019-05-22-23-26-09.png

Good morning all. Cloudy, very warm (76), and muggy this morning. What a crazy night of weather, and the whole week for that matter. The rain definitely was not welcome nor needed. Lakes are full and the dams are opening their floodgates . Last night was rough in Oklahoma, Kansas, and Missouri that I know of. I don't know how many tornadoes were confirmed, but it seemed like a new one was spotted every time the weatherman spoke. They reported nonstop from about 5 pm till after 1 am.

My hometown of Jefferson City. Missouri was hit about midnight. So far I have not heard of any deaths, only a lot of damage and quite a few injuries. I lived there till I was 13 so I probably don't know any of the folks involved. There was also a tornado in Eldon, Missouri where an aunt and uncle live. I .have communicated with them this morning. They are fine but without power.

The good news is the two barges that broke loose from their moorings last night on the Arkansas River got hung up on some rocks and are now being secured. Had they continued on downstream and crashed into the lock and dam the result would have made things much worse.

I hope you all have a great day. Stay safe and vigilant.

Definitely a collector's item there, Dj. Still has the pre-2000 GA flag on the front!

I also noticed that too. And I liked it.

meanstreak I'm glad you and your family are doing OK. I'm going to send you a PM in a minute.

Good morning Mosberg owners. I hope the power is on . . .

I'm afraid nobody in the midwest slept well last night. We've never had a milder May in 45 years, but the non-desert parts of the country are getting pummeled (according to CNN) by rapid and deadly climate change. Lots of flood reports across the Midwest are showing here. 8 people have been reported dead . . .

This may be the worst, but I think people must prepare themselves for even worse. My wife doesn't want to hear about me buying a houseboat. I need to make her watch more Midwest news. It isn't flooding where I live, high on the edge of the plain, but we are also having record rainfalls.

From the NWS: "The National Weather Service issued flood warnings across Oklahoma, says rainfall this afternoon and tonight in areas that are already experiencing life-threatening flooding. The additional rainfall will exacerbate and likely continue these dangerous flooding conditions across the area for an extended period of time.”

The San Joaquin sits on a pad of sand layers a mile thick. We've been pumping it down & as it sucks up water, the ground will rise: perhaps hundreds of feet if there is enough rain. My theoretical post-apocalypse seaside property, 70 feet above mean sealevel, could easily be submerged or otherwise destroyed.

OK something more cheerful:

One of the guys on the Monsterfish forum started this:
Procambarus fallax - Marbled Self Cloning Crayfish Breeding Project

I was gonna introduce him to Elbert, who is probably living in a virtual fish farm right now.
(I hope that wasn't his barn I saw on the news, heading towards Mexico.)

Anyhow those are the crawdads I want to breed in a tank. They don't mate. They just breed.

Like Melissa Millano.
:jester:

Back