• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Gold trigger?

sixbennetts

.270 WIN
I'd like to replace my trigger with a gold one. I'd also like a steel trigger guard.

I found one at Numrich fairly cheap. Will this work in my 590 Shockwave? The 590 and 500 parts are all interchangeable correct?

https://www.gunpartscorp.com/products/259140A

Who sells a steel triggerguard? Or would I be better off searching for a whole trigger group with a gold trigger and steel triggerguard?

I belive all the parts in the mechanism are interchangable between models.

I am not sure where to find a steel trigger guard. I've also yet to see a polymer one break.

Thanks, Mike. I appreciate the reply. Yeah, I'm not worried about it breaking either. They're tough as nails. But I'm building a theme here, and plastic just ain't gonna cut it.

PicsArt_05-03-01.47.14.jpg

PicsArt_04-27-09.32.17.jpg

Were there ever any metal trigger guard/gold trigger combos made? Anybody know?

*Update

Rather than installing a trigger assembly with a gold trigger in it, I've decided to buy a Maverick 88 trigger assembly. These have a cross-bolt safety, which is what a pistol grip firearm should have.

I've also ordered a gold trigger blade through Powderhorn Sports in Williston VT, directly from Mossberg. Part # 7263PG.

So yay, I get to see if a 500/590 trigger will work in a Maverick 88 trigger assembly!

Capture+_2019-05-21-03-02-16.png

Back