• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 500 Pump Action Photo Gallery

The 500A I couldn't refuse

Had to have it with the price I got it for. I wanted a dedicated slug shooter and this was set and ready to go for $225 from my local shop. I just need to get the time to get out and use these new ones..

Re: The 500A I couldn't refuse

Congrats on your new mossberg 500a! For that price I couldn't have passed it up either. Nice find.

Thanks, Dan. It was too good to pass up at the price and seems to be in very good shape besides a bit of neglect which a good cleaning took care of. My Buying is over for a while, I stocked up rather well in the past month and now need to get the time to get out and use them. Work is slowing but caring for my elderly parents is taking up a good amount of time and living 45 miles away from them doesn't help nor does my 100 mile round trip to work each day. I'm considering finding a job closer to home but I like the company I'm with and been with them almost 10 years now so it makes it a tough decision to make.

Its beautiful! I'm lovin it, I'm usin my 590A1 to hunt deer this year. Its not a dedicated slug gun, and not as pretty, and certainly not as sweet a deal!

Good find Dave!

Rossignol said:
Its beautiful! I'm lovin it, I'm usin my 590A1 to hunt deer this year. Its not a dedicated slug gun, and not as pretty, and certainly not as sweet a deal!

Good find Dave!

Thanks, Ross.

I've got 4 mossbergs now, with the 590A1, 500 20GA and maverick 88 being only a few weeks old now and the 500A slugger has a few years on it but in very nice shape. I cut the handle off of one of my cleaning rods and I insert the fully assembled cleaning rod into my Makita cordless drill and boy does that bore shine after a good run with that setup!!! The 500 20GA is one sweet feeling rig I must say and looks sweet too..

Good idea on the cleaning rod on a drill...

Just a suggetion, mechanical means of cleaning a chamber like your talking about are strongly discouraged unless using a nylon or cloth brush.
At high speed brass/bronze brushes do remove material.

hunter72 said:
Just a suggetion, mechanical means of cleaning a chamber like your talking about are strongly discouraged unless using a nylon or cloth brush.

Thanks for that tip hunter. I always kept the brush moving forward and back and never really used the full throttle. The 12GA slugger needed it in the worst way due to neglect especially around the muzzle holes at the tip of the barrel. I must say that rifled barrel shines like a babys backside now.. :D

Good deal,

I have done it myself, but like your situation the chamber was activly rusting. The bbl is on a beater truck gun now because of the pits etc, I miked the chamber and it is a little sloppy, but so far.........

hunter72 said:

Just when I thought one small facet of life was going to become easier...

Sweet looking gun. I am so used to the all black Mossberg and that one is just awesome.

Re: Mossberg 500 Bullpup...

Thought I found a "beater" Pup but this ones in almost as good of shape as my first. It has modded sights and shoots a little low next to my original. We put about a hundred rounds through both this weekend among others and had a blast. If I put either on the market I will let this site know first.

100_2789.jpg

z2232.jpg

that is sweet that you found another Mossberg 500 Bullpup!

hunter72,

Either is cool with me, this is your world I'm just passing through. I never have had any luck at pawn shops , the same overpriced guns month after month , year after year. I don't know what made me stop but I did and found this Pup. It was hanging on the wall reeeaaally dusty , I played it cool and asked to see it. When I handed it back he said "your not taking it home" and I told him "not at that price" , He asked what I would pay I spit out a out the door number and he said sold. I think I could have gotten it cheaper but oh well.

I cannot even find the shell any where......

Oh I guess since noone else has I call dibs.......

MOSSBERG MARINER

What does everyone think of me choosing the Mossberg Mariner for my first shotgun? Good choice?

Re: MOSSBERG MARINER

Great choice , even better if you have humidity or are on the water often. I always wanted one but always seemed to want other guns just a little more. Where I live there is almost no humidity and I seem to boat less every year but I am a big fan of SS revolvers and the Mariner Mossberg's always been on my "wish list".

You can't go wrong with any mariner mossberg.

I see no issues. Some folks dont like the finish held up next to other makers. Like a stainless bbl or nickel finish. But seriously, not an isssue!

In fact, I myself intend to get a 590 Mariner at some point! :)

Back