• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aimpoint CompM4s battery life finding

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
It has been ON for years ands years and at pretty high brightness. It has never been OFF. Not ever touching the setting has been very cool.

I realized yesterday that it should be replaced, so I swapped it for a new lithium AA made by Duracell.

The Duracell ProCell batt that I pulled out (which has been kept ON for YEARS) had an expiration date on it of MAR 2018.

DAYUMMMMMMM I think that is doing pretty durn good for one AA battery.

That is all. Now continue with your normal conversation. :)

Last edited:
How long have you had it on? 3 years? 5 years?

On a completely off topic side note, I noticed the other day that the bottle of water that I was drinking had an expiration date. No kidding.

Then off the top of my head, I started wondering how many millions of years old the water was BEFORE they put it in that little plastic bottle. :doh:

I'm pretty sure it was "ON" absolutely 24/7/365 for six years. Aimpoint states that the CompM4s goes up to eight years in an always-on state.

Funny observation about the water John. Good one. :)

8 years is an awesome lifespan.

That's 70% as long as the warranty on tritium night sights if you want to get down to the nitty gritty about it.

Back