• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Don't Read This Post If You Wanted Silencers To Be Easier To Get

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Q&A with President Trump before boarding Marine 1 to visit the UK:

Q The suspect in the Virginia Beach shooting used a silencer on his weapon. Do you believe that silencers should be restricted?

THE PRESIDENT: I don’t like them at all.

Typical clueless reporter...they already are heavily restricted. Also, Trump is no great friend to the gun loving community and neither are the republicans unless status quo no counts as being a supporter.

Unfortunately this is an instance where he whipped out a response, before he actually thought about the question. Granted, as POTUS, I'm sure silencers aren't at the top of his priorities list to study up on.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Unfortunately this is an instance where he whipped out a response, before he actually thought about the question. Granted, as POTUS, I'm sure silencers aren't at the top of his priorities list to study up on.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Ahhhh no. He's a complete douchebag when it comes to the 2A. He means what he says.

This makes exactly three negative 2A policies that he has said that he wants to implement.

red flag
bump stock
now suppressors

I do not believe that he has a very good chance of being re-elected.

I would post the pierce morgan interview that he did this week while in England. But you'll have to take my word for it or google it yourself.

President Trump has said he is considering banning gun silencers but defended the right to own semi-automatic rifles as people 'have a tremendous amount of fun' using them for sport.
Trump said he was 'going to seriously look at' banning the devices used to lessen the noise of gunfire after 12 people were shot dead by a killer using a suppressor in Virginia Beach last week.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...endous-fun-semi-automatic-assault-rifles.html

This makes exactly three negative 2A policies that he has said that he wants to implement.

red flag
bump stock
now suppressors

I would post the pierce morgan interview that he did this week while in England. But you'll have to take my word for it or google it yourself.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...endous-fun-semi-automatic-assault-rifles.html

Would have been harder if the hearing protection act passed the senate and got in his desk for a signature. Thanks you swampy republican GOP swine for not doing your job.

Megan Banton, an administrative assistant who works in the building where the shooting happened, said she heard gunshots, called 911 and barricaded herself and about 20 colleagues inside an office, pushing a desk against a door.

“We tried to do everything we could to keep everybody safe,” she said. “We were all just terrified. It felt like it wasn’t real, like we were in a dream. You are just terrified because all you can hear is the gunshots.”

Because there is no such thing as a silencer.
Cogito ergo boggum

I beg to differ. I see them in almost every action movie and they make all guns as quiet as a mouse fart.

This is what happens when people view movies, TV and the MSM as a source of legitimate education about guns, gun accessories, shootings, etc.

Yeah, CNN and most all other news sources say SILENCERS are bad and only the bad guys have them.

I'm not exactly sure what that means ?????

The Marines Are Equipping Hundreds of Infantrymen with Silencers
gallery-1480365450-2950407.jpg

https://www.popularmechanics.com/military/weapons/a24055/marines-infantrymen-silencers/

==============

Spokane Police will add suppressors to rifles
spokane.jpg
https://www.spokesman.com/stories/2017/oct/07/spokane-police-will-add-suppressors-to-rifles-citi/

Thats ok then.. let then ban "Silencers"... you can have suppressors and moderators on your guns.. :D

This is one of the weird things about UK/US gun laws.. you can have pistols and S/A rifles, but any sound moderators are very hard to get... we can't have pistols or S/A rifles, but can get sound moderators relatively easily, even just for range work..

As with everything else in the world, its about money and control, which at the highest levels are synonymous.

@John A. Stop trying to obfuscate the narrative by injecting factual information. ;-D

Sorry.

I have crunched a few numbers though and had a few discussions on a few nfa related forums.

Judging that there are approximately 1,500,000 suppressors in the hands of law abiding citizens and each one having been taxed for the last 85 years (according to numbers the atf have given in congressional testimony a few years ago), I have came to the conclusion that equals to $300,000,000.00 in taxes alone that has been paid.

And considering the average price of a legal suppressor is around $1000 (some as little as $200, others in excess of $2000) giving me the $1000 average that I am going to use for my un-common core math, equals approximately 2 billion dollars worth of legal goods and taxes that would have to be shelled out by gov if they were to prohibit them from ownership.

Further, that's almost what it would cost to build the wall.

Further again, there is no such thing as a government buy back because:

1. The government didn't sell them in the first place

2. If the government demands that I turn them in and be reimbursed, that would mean that with me being a tax payer, that gov would in effect be using the taxes that I am paying the government to take my property away from me. Which I think is a double whammy on the gov part that would not stand up to judicial review.

Just obfuscating a few more facts Mike.

red flag
bump stock
now suppressors

Well... let me just tell you flat out that if Trump is not re-elected, and one of those other anti-American scumbags gets in, it’s gonna be open season on gun owners and the 2A.
You can count on a fight, and not in the courts or State houses.

It's long over-due. Though I would hope it never comes to that.

However, when there are people, and entire political parties who enact anti-American policies and laws, it is the duty of Americans to fight and resist that. The late Larry McDonald once said: "There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo. Please use in that order."

I believe the founding fathers took a long, honest look at prior governments and societies and saw that after a while, the system becomes corrupt and stops serving the citizens that elected it and starts serving themselves. I believe that is where we are at today. And have been for many years prior actually.

Without getting into a religious debate, I believe that it is supposed to happen in order to usher in biblical prophecy.

I believe the founding fathers were forward looking enough in giving the citizens a means to correct it when things start to go sideways. Yes, it will be painful. Yes, there will be blood. No, it won't be easy. There will be loss no different than what happened while fighting for our freedoms when the current government was founded.

But I believe that a revolution will be the only real way for honest sincere change.

I have given these numbers a few different times, but there are about 600 people in all of elected government. The rest are either appointed through political means or hired employees or are volunteers.

While that sounds like a lot, and it is, but by contrast, there are about 314 million people in the US. Those are not very good numbers for anyone that harm our rights and way of life. Even if only a few percent actually stood together and resisted it. Sadly, many people do not have the stomach to look at the elephant in the room.

And there are unelected government agencies who ultimately runs the Corporation what is known as the USA regardless of who sits in the oval office, and also a host of journalists and media that have been lying and misleading well beyond what the 1A affords. There is basically no accountability anymore. And when journalists or the media in general outright lies and makes up their own facts and stories, there's another problem that needs to be corrected.

Just laying out some points that I have observed over the years.

I believe the founding fathers were forward looking enough in giving the citizens a means to correct it when things start to go sideways. Yes, it will be painful. Yes, there will be blood. No, it won't be easy. There will be loss no different than what happened while fighting for our freedoms when the current government was founded.

But I believe that a revolution will be the only real way for honest sincere change.

Thomas Jefferson to William Stephens Smith - Paris Nov. 13. 1787

"the people can not be all, & always, well informed. the part which is wrong [. . .] will be discontented in proportion to the importance of the facts they misconceive. if they remain quiet under such misconceptions it is a lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. we have had 13. states independant 11. years. there has been one rebellion. that comes to one rebellion in a century & a half for each state. what country before ever existed a century & half without a rebellion? & what country can preserve it’s liberties if their rulers are not warned from time to time that their people preserve the spirit of resistance? let them take arms. the remedy is to set them right as to facts, pardon & pacify them. what signify a few lives lost in a century or two? the tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots & tyrants. it is it’s natural manure."

The left has control of the media, they have their brown shirts in the form of groups like Antifa, and they have the previous administration doing all they can to undermine the current administration.

Then we have the pc corporations like Nike, Starbucks, Google, and Facebook working in lockstep with the left as well. The bombardment is constant and from every direction.

The left is working feverishly to trash the constitution, even going so far as to wanting to pack the courts even more with leftist. They cry foul when a strict constitutionalist is apointed to the courts.

The left has one thing on their agenda, complete and absolute control of the populace.

Back