• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Aftermarket rifle sights

ralston

.22LR
A while back I bought the 590A1 Talo US Service Model #50676 and I love it. Great shotgun. Looking to upgrade the sights on it from the bead to some rifle sights and came here for some recommendations. I may or may not switch them out.

Thanks in advance.

I'm pretty sure anything other than a bead may require soldering on the barrel... What type did you have in mind?

Probably gonna stick with the bead as all I’ve been coming up with is expensive stuff that might require expensive gunsmithing. I may just have to buy another shotgun. Oh darn.

To be honest, looking at some of the prices on some of the aftermarket sights, it would probably be cheaper just to find a shotgun with the sights you want at the pawn shop.

I may just have to buy another shotgun. Oh darn.

That is an EXCELLENT reason to buy another gun! ;)

Or another barrel with a sight already mounted but they are often rifled. Perhaps mount a dot sight? Is the receiver tapped for a scope mount?

Buy a barrel with a vent rib, cut it and attach Williams Fire Sights.

A gunsmith can also silver solder a base and sights if you want to take that route. This will also require refinishing the barrel.

You can also buy a clamp on sight for the front. Check out the LPA SG3

Back