• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

BTW, I took all those boards down and re-ordered them so they'd fit better.

Here I'm fitting the last vertical board, but everything else is caulked and screwed down, 8 screws per board, but they're small #6 & #8. The GFCI is in and I now must cut the 3 plumbing holes.
wal1.jpg
There is an ugly exterior plate tie, up at the top where you can't see it, that I will camouflage with caulk and paint and a trim board. There will be a few more trims and some caulk, paint and cleanup, but the wall repair is essentially finished.

There is a reason I put this job off so long!

Good morning everyone. Sunshine and 60, it's a beautiful morning for sure.

Cadd, I checked out the link about the wall. What strikes me most is the things some say to others that they would not say to their face. Of course this is very prevalent on social media these days.

We'll be heading to the lake this afternoon. It's a day earlier than usual as Marilyn has four of her friends coming up tomorrow so we need to get things ready beforehand. Thw,e lake report yesterday showed the water level still 10 feet above normal. Last week it was 11, a little lower and hopefully they are able to keep dropping it.

Anyways, you all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Only in California could things be this convoluted.

Because the state of California voted to legalize the possession of marijuana Jail inmates are allowed to possess marijuana under an appellate ruling.

It is still illegal for inmates to consume marijuana however.

Anyhow the ruling against a prisoner convicted of possessing marijuana in jail was overturned while he was never actually convicted with consuming.

You all have a great day and stop trying to figure out California because it makes no sense here except for the weather.

Good afternoon Mossberg fans.
I was very happy to see the reports on the new nine millimeter Mossberg.

I bought some more fake barn wood trim wood today, and now I have my Plumbing holes cut through the new exterior wall. This evening I can finish the interior plaster and paint.

I bought Roofing tar and more Hardware, as I got my roof ladder back from the powdercoater. I'll put that up early tomorrow morning while the roof is cool.

I went to Petco and bought a welded steel aquarium stand which is also powder coated. This one will go Outdoors, for the 55 gallon sump serving my 125 gallon aquarium.

Tonight I'm going to move my oscar to a smaller tank while I change his 55 to the new 75.

That 55 is going Outdoors on the new stand, and I'm going to build a redwood gazebo around it, which I will later insulate with styrofoam panels.

My wife hasn't seen the plan or the cost of all this Redwood but I'm using pre manufactured panels which saves a lot of Labor and material.

This is quite an ordeal folks. And it's got some time to run yet.

But my wife is having a party this weekend so I have to clean up the construction efforts enough for that to happen, and soon.

Howdy everyone. No fun today...20 mph wind and I am tired from sawin so much wood yesterday. I am planning to go see my youngest Aunt. She lives about 25 miles west of Galesburg IL, so that trip is right at 95 miles. It will be a short visit to pick up a few items she asked me to come and get. After that if I haven't stayed for a late breakfast and an early lunch, endless pots of coffee and numerous hugs and squeezes, I will travel back to Galesburg to Lake Storey for some panfishing. I caught at least one (really, only one) huge Pumpkinseed there and since I will be driving right by the lake on the way to see my Aunt, I want to go try for seconds. If I get away and manage to hook a few of those monsters, I will post some pictures. But don't hold your breath too long. My fishin skills aren't real good lately.

**UPDATE: My day just got better. Deep Fried Cat and Fries.

Deep Fried Cat.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg owners

Yesterday when I put up the roof ladder I got Roofing tar on essentially everything within a 20 ft radius, so I spent some time cleaning that up.

I hate Roofing tar.

I drained Felix's tank, captured him and put him in his temporary 30-gallon home. His 55 gallon tank went outside on a new powder coated steel aquarium stand for my plecos.

The outdoor tank is up and now running for 2 nights. I will put them cat fish in it today.

I got the 75 gallon acrylic tank set up on its stand and bored the hole through the bottom for the drain. I have never thought of bottom drilling a tank before but this is what everyone does now. I still have to go buy some acrylic paint and paint the back before I can finish the plumbing and fill it up.

But I started a Civil War when I brought the big plunge router into the house and made a 4 inch hole through the 2" bar top and then another one through 3/4 particle board.

Let's just say that it took a while to clean up the sawdust and Judy is still sore.

I must finish trimming the barnwood today, before it gets hot outside. It's been in the high nineties.

Most of the Interior plaster work looks great and I'm going to paint it today, and assemble the big aquarium stand.

I hope none of you retired guys are working as hard as I am, because it's really starting to get to me.

I need the day off to go fishing and shoot up some plastic jugs.

Good *yawn* morning Mossberg owners.

I awoke at 3am to realize I had not put a heater in the patio tank.

It had dropped 10°f in 5 hours because air temp went fro 96 to 66.

I put 3 heaters in the tank at 4am, and 2 are actually working.

Happy Father's Day to all of you Mossberg owners of a determinant male gender.

The fish will survive and this is not going to injur these hardy fish permanently but, that's about twice as fast as you would normally want their temperature to drop.

Heaters alone are not going keep this tank warm outdoors. I'm going to put up insulated panels

I was so happy to get this house all closed up, and some fish on the outside.
20190615_161803_resized.jpg
I was celebrating with a menage a trois and dechlor.
20190615_162131_resized.jpg
Snoozing catfish....
20190615_160814_007_resized.jpg

The quick and dirty kitty litter sump.
20190615_175750_resized.jpg
I finally got back to sleep for a couple hours, and then and I was aroused by these two chowhounds.

Ozzy has grown quite a bit since I posted his last picture.
20190615_162038_resized.jpg

Bizzy is her same old Charming self.

20190615_161945_resized.jpg

Last edited:
Good morning everyone. Still at the lake. We drove up Thursday afternoon, and have had rain every morning , including now.

I did get to ride once as we had company all weekend. Anyways today we head home.

Have a great day and be safe.

Wow Meanie! More rain you did not need!

Good morning all. It's been dry and sunny here with temps in the mid 90s and mid 60's at night. Very nice.
My buddy from work tried to get me out shooting yesterday, but I was too tired to shoot straight. He bought a .308 Precision Rifle same as mine (with a better scope.)

I was ready to plumb and fill the new plastic tank last night when I realized the back was not painted.
Plus I was out of black paint and it was 9PM on a Sunday.

It was simply not going to happen until today.

Good morning all.Blue skies and 74 this morning. A welcome sight, even if only temporarily.

Cadd, I have all the tools needed to build a small ark. The lakes are still high, but at least right here the rivers are pretty much in their banks. Downstream is another story though. We also have thunderstorms in the forecast for tonight and then again this weekend. By late July we will probably be begging for rain. Seems like that is how it always goes.

Well, I guess I'd best be getting along. Have a great day and stay safe.

Good morning Meanie . . . All a ya'all . . .
Weather here beautiful and days in the 90s.

My 75g tank is full and running, but I could be happier about the stand.
There's some camber along the back edge. About 0.024"

It's built in ;(

I think I will drain the tank and re-set it in a bed of sealant next week.
But for now I stuck some clear plastic shims in the proper spots.

Meanwhile I got wood trim up at the infill of the fireplace.
I need to level the electric outlet and caulk, then I can paint.

I still need to build the stand for the new 125g, but it won't be elaborate, and most of the wood has 2 coats of wipe-on poly already.
I have to cut 7 parts and assemble.

The 125 needs to be running and populated by Friday night, & so far it's quite likely to happen.
I have to make some lids, but everything else is easy.

And I have to clean the garage up a lot. That might happen Sat AM.

I hope you folks see some dry spots on the ground soon. ;)

Good morning all. More rain last night, I reckon an inch at the least. North of us and south received more. Now it's 70 with blue skies. No more rain forecast for a couple of days.

Cadd, you have a regular aquatic center. In my whole life I had one fish bowl, probably about two gallons of water and some guppies and two gold fish.

I wonder where Fellman is these days. Seems like it's been some time since we have heard from him.

Well, best get along for now. Have a great day and stay safe.

Well things come and things go in this life.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

I went to the old Motorcycle USA archives to find some old pictures and it is gone. The Motorcycle Superstore is gone and the forums are gone and everything.

It's too bad that they tried to adopt the Facebook model of operations and lost all their old clients who really didn't care for Facebook and they couldn't get new clients because they were already on Facebook.

Sometimes when you try to change you are just better off to leave things well alone.
20190617_195343_resized_1.jpg
Filling the new 75.

… I went to the old Motorcycle USA archives to find some old pictures and it is gone. The Motorcycle Superstore is gone and the forums are gone and everything.

I keep my photo archives on an old board called HooliganCruisers. There was a great bunch of folks there.
I keep thinking if I schmooz the boss enuff, it will be reincarnated. Ah well. :rolleye:

Here is my last pic posted there in the Photo Scavenger Hunt, the greatest competition on wheels! I miss it.

The photo combines two of my favorite toys, bikes and guns.

P9110017.jpg

Good morning all. Beautiful morning here, clear skies and 70. Looks like we might get a little rain over the weekend, and it gonna be very warm and muggy. Oh well, summer is almost here.

Scoop, nice picture there. Two of my favorites as well. Unfortunately I don't spend enough time with either.

You all have a great day.

Back