• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning Mossberg Owners..

I have 2.5 solid days of work before my wife's party.

I have been working every day on these projects and getting stressed.

I am not in the mood to party now, and I don't expect my mood to improve by Saturday afternoon.

I am inclined to go on a 4 day fishing trip before my wife returns from the gym, and just deal with the aftermath later.

@Scoop
Hooligan pix only go back to about 2008
MCUSA pix go back to 2003.
Some are locked up on photobucket, but I think many are unreachable.

Yet there is hope a backdoor to some still remains.

As for HCRI I will probably re-open it but I won't promote it myself.
I can't keep up as it is, I always hated the name, and it brings back memories I don't need.

Good morning from muggy Tulsa. Cloudy and 81 with relative humidity in the low 70s. Thank goodness we have about a 20 mph wind blowing.

We are planning on going to the lake later today, probably come home Sunday. We are supposed to have more rain moving in Saturday night/Sunday morning. We really don't need it right now, but I suppose by late July we'll be begging for some.

You guys have a great day and a better weekend.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Guys the temperatures have gone down about 20 degrees since the day we shingled the roof. I thought my patio aquarium fish would suffer but they are doing quite well now and I have managed to keep their water temperatures below 90.

@Scoop @meanstreak
I spent some more time digging but the Motorcycle USA URLs which will still parse take you to MotoUSA which is now closed.

Also I attempted to reopen Hooligans but I was unsuccessful. I will try again today.

Well today is the last big clean-up day before Judy's party this weekend, I have a ton of stuff to do and it's not all going to get done.

Mostly I think I'm going to hang some pictures and a clock today and make sure that all the aquariums have clean water.

I'm not sure how I ended up running 10 aquariums at once (only 7 currently) as this was never my goal. But sometimes in life it's not all about getting to the goal post.

Since the peak, I have turned the 20 and 30 into sumps, and I have retired a 16 gal, a 5 and two 10s. The 125 is still empty.

So, in taking stock, I am currently running:
a 75 gal
two 55's
two 30's
two 5's

The 5 gallon tanks just have sponge filters but the 5 large tanks all have sumps.

When the 125 is set up one of the 55s will be its sump, and one of the 30's will be retired. I want to refill one of the fives and build a new rack for the three of them.

I was working like a madman to finish the stand for the 125 gallon tank but I hate working under pressure, and I just decided it's not going to get done this weekend.

It is absolutely no fun to have to do your hobby under the pressure of a deadline.

You all stay safe and have fun today!

Good morning Mossberg owners.

My wife's party was a big success last night and she's all happy for now.

There were no disasters until this morning when I noticed the valve on my new fish tank dripping. I knew that it may drip someday so I designed it to drip right into the sump.

Anyhow I need to tighten the bulkhead fitting above the valve so that means I need a special Close Quarters wrench.

I'm sure you can buy this somewhere but I made this from a piece of an old drawer slide and a tiny nail, a bit of white duct tape.

20190623_091727_resized.jpg 20190623_091830_resized.jpg 20190623_091642_resized.jpg
Anyhow I hope you all have a day as successful as my new wrench.

Glad the wrench worked well. You've done a lot of work making the new fish tanks. And I'm glad your wife is happy.

If momma ain't happy....ain't nobody happy.

Thanks John. This is the only time I've ever needed a 3" 2.75" basin wrench.

I'm wishing I would have glued those fittings right to the tank though.

Anyhow the pipe is dry and there's no water anywhere and nothing actually leaked. It only took an hour and cost nothing but some elbow grease and a bit of my grinding wheel.

Yippie!

Last edited:
I would've loaned you a strap wrench if I had known you needed it. I bet that would've worked if you could get in there to access it.

20190622_125312(0)_resized.jpg I got an awful lot of grief about the patio tank setup and tearing down the chimney in the rest of this project but in the end she was very happy about it including the patio tank and sump setup.

This doesn't just decorate the patio* but it also serves as a sump for the newest tank (I haven't installed) on the hearth.

I still have to finish building the stand for that tank and install it and plumb it and populate it. The tank I'm populating it from will get filled with fish from a smaller tank.

And the smaller tanks will go to a yard sale as I have no intention of running 10 fish tanks for the rest of my life.

* okay the kitty litter bin is not that decorative LOL

I would've loaned you a strap wrench if I had known you needed it. I bet that would've worked if you could get in there to access it.

The nut is not very thick, and it is up in a hole about 3".

There is no clearance for anything more than what I built but it should have had two handles on it.

I will add one if I have to tighten this again.

Belated good morning all. We drove home from the lake this afternoon.

Much rain this weekend and more on the way. Lord we don'd need or deserve this. The lakes are on the rise again and were already still way above normal. The lake and most of the watershed received about 5 inches last night and this morning. Tulsa should be fine as most of the very heavy rain was east of the watershed that affects us.

Have a good evening.

Well I had to tighten that nut again, but that nut is waaaay up there!
20190623_185426.jpg

I had to modify my wrench for extra torque and here I show a piece of the metal from which I made it.

20190623_185312_resized.jpg
There you can see the Little Nail I used as a rivet to hold the ring closed.

I nipped one of the flanges in six places and once again to bend up the handle. The rest was mostly straightening it up and grinding off the corners until it was round.

It had to fit inside that round hole approximately 4" diameter, and yet go on a 2.75" hex nut.

I had a problem with the Union fitting as well, because the surface that the O-ring mated to was not really flat and smooth. I sanded it down with three different grades of paper until I got a nice smooth finish and it sealed right away, under light hand pressure.

I could have just changed the union fitting but one half of it was glued to my $60 valve! That's the half that I flat sanded successfully.

Good Monday morning all. What a difference a day makes. Blue skies are such a welcome sight.

Cadd, I hope those fish appreciate what you go through to make them comfortable. They have a good home.

I got to take a short ride this weekend before the rain started. It was only about 40 miles, but very enjoyable nevertheless.

Here's hoping you all get the week off to a great start.

@meanstreak The dryness of my home is the first concern. If something is dripping I go nuts. Any seepage is unacceptable.

I managed to reopen the hooligans. I hope it doesn't notify every registered member about it.
If the trolls return I will close it again, though I believe that after these several years it will have been forgotten.

Good Monday morning all. What a difference a day makes. Blue skies are such a welcome sight.

Cadd, I hope those fish appreciate what you go through to make them comfortable. They have a good home.

I got to take a short ride this weekend before the rain started. It was only about 40 miles, but very enjoyable nevertheless.

Here's hoping you all get the week off to a great start.

Mean, don't let him fool ya...Cadd likes to practice his dry fly casting into those tanks. One day he caught 4 guppies and a mollie. They are too small to fillet but theyre great fried like a smelt

@meanstreak The dryness of my home is the first concern. If something is dripping I go nuts. Any seepage is unacceptable.

I managed to reopen the hooligans. I hope it doesn't notify every registered member about it.
If the trolls return I will close it again, though I believe that after these several years it will have been forgotten.

What is your hooligans cadd?

It's a motorcycle forum for cruiser bikes that was started back about 2008. It became a big hassle for me so I closed it down, and for the past several years there were only four of us who could participate there.

I'm not going to promote the place openly so I don't think anything much will happen there.

http://hooligancruisers.proboards.com

Good morning all. Clear skies again and 69 degrees. Highs are 90s all week with only a slight chance or rain. That will be a welcome relief and the folks in charge can start drawing down the reservoirs again. I swear the folks downstream are going to be under water all summer at this rate.

Hope you all have a great day.

Back