• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

KEL TEC

OK, I'll keep you posted. I'm with you though. I always feel better with steel parts vs. plastic anyday...

I was debating the need for the upgrade, but while shooting my Mom's P-32 last week I had a number of FTL/FTE. It had never been fired before, but the number of failures was pretty high. Upon disassembly, I noticed the guide rod had a significant bow to it. It would seem that the mis-alignment would be plenty to cause the failures I experienced. It was enough to make me want to go ahead and upgrade the PF-9. I'll keep you posted...

lateck said:
Here's my newest Kel-Tec.... The PMR-30 :lol:

Boy is it a FUN gun to shoot..... :D

Lateck,

Check your target for key holing. Kel Tec was having an issue with the bullet tumbling.
They now have it fixed and offering a free fix if yours does it. Not sure what SN to check if yours is pre or post fix.

My boss has been looking for one, but since the issue they are hard to find and when he did find a few they jacked up the price.

lateck said:
Here's my newest Kel-Tec.... The PMR-30 :lol:

Boy is it a FUN gun to shoot..... :D

Lateck,

========================================================

From what I remember...that mag has a thirty round capacity of .22WMR...now that's some firepower !!

=========================================================

PMR-30

The PMR-30 is a light weight, full size pistol chambered for the flat-shooting .22Magnum cartridge (.22WMR). The PMR-30 operates on a unique hybrid blowback/locked-breech system. This operation system allows for the use of a wide variety of ammunition as it seamlessly adjusts between locked breach and blowback operation, depending on the pressure of the cartridge. It uses a double stack magazine of a new design that holds 30 rounds and fits completely in the grip of the pistol. The trigger is a crisp single action with an over-travel stop. The manual safety is a thumb activated ambidextrous safety lever (up for SAFE, down for FIRE). The slide locks back after the last shot and a manual slide lock lever is also provided. The light, crisp trigger pull and fiber optic sights make the PMR-30 ideal for target shooting and hunting small game.

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Calibers: .22 Magnum (.22WMR)
Weight unloaded: 13.6oz. 385.6g
Loaded Magazine: 6oz. 170.1g
Length: 7.9" 200.7mm
Height: 5.8" 147.3mm
Width: 1.3" 33.0mm
Barrel length: 4.3" 109.2mm
Sight radius: 6.9" 175.3mm
Energy (40gr): 138ft-lbs 187J
Capacity: 30 rounds
Trigger pull: 4-6 lbs 17.8-26.7N

Slide and barrel are 4140 steel, frame is 7075 aluminum. Grip, slide cover, trigger, mag release, and safety levers are glass reinforced Nylon (Zytel), much like other Kel-Tec Pistols. Magazine is Also Zytel and holds 30 rounds, with round count ports. Other features include: dual opposing extractors for reliability, heel magazine release to aid in magazine retention, dovetailed aluminum front sight, Picatinny accessory rail under the barrel, Urethane recoil buffer, captive coaxial recoil springs. PMR30 disassembles for cleaning by removal of a single pin.

MSRP PMR-30 $ 415.00

Here's mine with 9mm (ported) barrel and 2 mags, and 22lr barrel with 2 mags. Armalaser stingray on rail:
photo-4.jpg

Very nice maierar !!

Didn't realize that KT had a 22 conversion kit for the PF-9 !

Thanks to all!

Yes, the PMR is FUN :D to shoot with 30 rounds..... :lol:

Yes, I had some key-holing with CCI stuff for the first 25 rounds, none since...

Kel-Tec makes some fun and interesting guns, that for sure.... :eek:

Lateck,

LAZY EYED SNIPER said:
SHOOTER13 said:
Very nice maierar !!

Didn't realize that KT had a 22 conversion kit for the PF-9 !

I'm not aware of a Kel-Tec factory conversion kit, but the Twisted Industries kit has been out for a bit...

http://www.twistedindustries.net/products/

============================================================

I stand corrected...thanks for the link SNIPER !!

Are you gonna pick one up Bro ?!...also, did you pickup and install the metal guide rod in your PF-9 ?

Yes Sir,

I don't have any plans to pick up the conversion kit. It's nearly the same price as my PF-9 and I already have a couple dedicated .22lr pistols.

I did receive and install the steel guide rod for my PF-9. I'm takin it out next weekend for its first range trip. I'll take both guide rods out with me and will let you know if I notice any difference.

Took the PF-9 out for the first range trip this morning. Two words come to mind.......

HOLY SWEETNESS!

What a great little pistol. It was snappy, but very manageable. The trigger pull is longer than what I'm used to but was incredibly smoothe and consistent. Put 150 rounds through it without a single failure and am very happy with the results on target. As for the guide-rod, I shot first with the factory plastic guide-rod and then switched to the factory steel replacement. Couldn't tell a difference between the two, but for some reason I still feel better with the steel. Looking forward to running a few hundred more rounds through the pipe and working it into the carry rotation.

Glad to hear the new PF-9 functioned flawlessly SNIPER !!

Hey SNIPER...

Just bought two more Kel Tec PF-9's...Christmas presents for my wife and daughter. I'll post some pics after I field strip, clean, fluff & buff 'em...then range test both this week.

Can't wait to see their faces...neither one has an idea of what I bought. My daughter turns 21 in January, so she will finally be able to get her PA LTCF ( License To Carry Firearms ).

Back