• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ballistol/FrogLube

WhiteWolf

.22LR
Can anyone tell me if you can heat the gunparts and "season" your parts with Ballistol like you can Frog Lube...Thanks

Not as far as I'm aware... i've used both for a few years and just use them both as general lubes, and never tried using the heat and Froglube method.

Balistol is a general lube and cleaner for metal, wood and leather.

Thanks Daryll, I love and use both.....The heat deal is kinda like seasoning a cast iroon skillet....Put it on while it's hot and it gets into the pores of the metal....

I've seasoned cast iron skillets and stuff, but never gun parts. I don't see what it would hurt though as long as you're not cooking them and melting plastics.

Which brings me to another point about ballistol, it can degrade certain plastics. I know of a guy who did some tests on evo scorpion magazines using ballistol on them and within just a few days, the feedlips were failing.

While I don't know what grade plastic that scorpion magazines are made of, the ballistol does seem to weaken it.

Back