• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New guy from Indiana

Paul LaFranco

Copper BB
Hi all.
Well I’m new to this forum, but I’m not new to the shooting sports, since I got out of the Army in 1972 I’ve been shooting and reloading. For 25 yrs I’ve been shooting long range precision rifle, out to 1000 yards, I also shoot my 1911’s on a regular basis. And about two yrs ago I developed a love for cowboy guns, i have a few acres in a very rural part of central Indiana, and every evening I like to shoot steel plates with the cowboy guns. In 1997 or 98 I bought a Mossberg 590, it’s a cool shotgun, it has the heat shield, a bayonet lug, and the speed feed stock, and holds 8+1. Until recently I never had a real interest in shotguns, but I think it’s a good idea for me to get pretty well versed in the shooting and operation of my 590, and with a few acres to play with it on, it will be all the easier. I’ve done a little bird hunting, but after I lost my dog to cancer many yrs ago I just never had it in me to hunt any more, the only other practical experience I’ve had is in the service, when it was my turn to walk point, I was handed a Remy 870, and it served me well. So I hope to learn some tips and tricks on this forum.

Welcome! Sounds pretty interesting, I'm also in Indiana, Hancock county. Looking forward to seeing more posts, and pictures .

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Back