• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Nightstick - anyone grab one yet?

ricky_bobby

.270 WIN
I'm about to order one just for the old school look and nostalgia and this is the setup I wanted, I don't want to brace the shockwave - to me its taking away from what it is -

Its a cool enough look with the wood furniture to keep one as is, and maybe buy a second, Form 1 it, and throw on matching wood stock and have a 14" SBS riot gun -

Best price I've seen is around $380 delivered to FFL - none of mine have it in store so I'll have to order it -

I don't have one.

But they are just screaming to F1 SBS.

Agreed - I actually may spend the extra few bucks on a "base" Shockwave and add the Black Aces textured walnut furniture to it instead of the factory Nightstick - I'm sure I'll end up with both as I agree it would make a phenomenal F1 SBS, especially with the base models hovering in the $275ish range now, add $200 stamp and $100 worth of Magpul SGA and its one hell of a CQB weapon.

I've got one coming. Should be here next Wed. From what I understand, it's just a Shockwave with upgraded furniture but, I do like the wood better! :)

We'd love to see it if you don't mind sharing some pictures.

Will do and I'll do a range report when I've had the chance to shoot it. I picked up 120rds of Aguila Mini 00 buck shells to try in it.

Most folks that try to use the mini shells have to get some sort of chamber adapter because they don't feed well in pumps and semiauto's and such. I think @Elbert Garrett has experience with that.

Standard 2-3/4" shells should be just fine. I often break in a new gun with cheap low brass birdshot from Walmart.

Well, the Nightstick made it today and I'm so far very pleased. Put a Black Hawk shotgun sling on it and inserted the OPSol adapter. Cycles the mini shells fine. Hoping to get it to the range real soon.

IIl8xMJ.png

JVHqpK0.png

pp9sJWE.png

ULvL7vZ.png

What is up with that action/slide bar in the top pic?

Not sure what you're referring to? There is nothing wrong the firearm and it functions perfectly. Cycled a full box of the Mini Shells through it and had no issues.

It must just be the picture or the shadows or something. It just looked different to me. Like it was beefed up a little more than the one on my 500.

Looks great! My LGS has one in stock - I am VERY torn between getting the "base" model (about $270 delivered to LGS), and adding the Black Aces Walnut furniture and a leather strap separately which would bring me to about what my LGS wants for the Nightstick ($450)

I do like that the Black Aces furniture is checkered on the grip - but the factory walnut on the Nightstick in color and looks is super super nice - I'll hold it again in store and I'm sure I won't be able to resist much longer....

I really like the furniture on the Nightstick. I have smaller hands and it fits me pretty well. The ridges help my hand not to slide back and forth. I also think I'm going to do away with the sling and just carry it in a scabbard. The sling bugs me and gets in my way for some reason.

To me, slings are for carrying a long arm at the ready for an extended time and for weapon retention when you need your hands for purposes other than holding onto your gun. If neither of these situations are likely to come up with your Shockwave, I think you can do without a sling. Since it would be difficult to deploy a slung Shockwave (at least in it's original configuration) without getting completely out of the sling, I don't think you're loosing much.

Well, the Nightstick made it today and I'm so far very pleased. Put a Black Hawk shotgun sling on it and inserted the OPSol adapter. Cycles the mini shells fine. Hoping to get it to the range real soon.

IIl8xMJ.png

JVHqpK0.png
That bird's head grip is just begging to be stippled. Something like the stippling on the Mossberg Patriot rifle would look amazing.

OB1-0816-5.jpg

Well I handled it again and it is so gorgeous...

But I need that stippling and not looking to modify the stock grip on the Nightstick, my hands are smaller and sweatier so I can see it being an issue for me - I'm ordering a "stock" Shockwave and will put the Black Aces furniture on it thats already checkered.

Back