• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Vote for your favorite pocket-size survival kit.

Whose Pocket Survival Kit do you like best?

• VitSports6

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • ripjack13

Votes: 9 81.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's so I wont forget about making one.

And it builds interest. So that's a plus.

Okay, so ive mulled on this one for awhile. And really looked at it realistically.

90% of my commute is within 20 miles of home. So, worst case scenario, I have to abandon my vehicle, and hike home. I carry a lot of gear in the vehicle. Some of which i would attempt to pack with me. But, for the sake of the topic ive condensed it to what i feel, i could survive with, on a 20 mile hike, in an urban/rural environment.

I also put this together from

what i already had available. I did not have to shop for anything in the kit. Granted, some of it was in various places, i just had to combine it.

-Phone case, this was a Christmas gift, since im not an avid canoe/kayaker, it was sitting unused

-Cash, we all know green talks, wether it saves you from a beating by some scumbag thugs, or buys you a ride, or some water or food, most people wont turn it down.

-Mylar blanket, bright and shiny to signal with, wrap up to keep out the wind, reflect heat from a fire, keep the rain off of you, carry water, or wrap something.

-Lighter, obviously the quickest, easiest way to make fire.

-Duct tape, minor repairs, bandages, keeping someone quiet, restraining an assailant, fire extender,

-Super glue, highly flammable, easier than stitches. Will stop some bloodflow. Keeps out infection

-Ferro rod, fire making redundancy, should the lighter fail for whatever reason.

-Tinder quick, a compliment to the Ferro rod, as a fire extender, to ease fire starting in inclament/emergency conditions.

-Folding knife, although i usually have at least one good fixed blade always nearby, there again redundancy, as this is a last ditch kit.

- Cordage, in this case #36 tarred bank line. Approx 25 feet, or 4 of my wingspans. Shelters, lashing, snares, garrote line, gear repair, restraints, etc.

dc973ba5b2e12b1aa56269a35085c6f2.jpg
e536566d89f359b7b876243dc5caa6f7.jpg
d3c4b06dd7efa39d5f332f32848731d6.jpg

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Back