• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 195K-A

Queenslander

Copper BB
G'day
Neil here from north Queensland Australia. Selling all my firearms one of which is a 195K-A. Living in town now and too many regulations to be bothered paying licence fees etc.
Seems to be a wealth of Mossberg knowledge on this site so I might avail myself of the resident experts if I may.
This shottie was given to me years ago but haven't bothered to research the manufacture date till now.
Do I ask the question here or in another section to try to identify the year model?
Thanks for any info.

Welcome to the forum from Florida,USA.

I could be wrong but I think it was made 1956-1958.
Check with www.havlinsales.com they are the pros on older Mossbergs.

Thanks for the reply and welcome old mossy. I'm a bit confused because mine doesn't have the porting slots behind the choke and seems like every picture I see of 195's has them.

Thanks meanstreak, fellman and Bobster for your replies and welcome. It'll be a wrench when the guns are sold especially the Lee Enfields as my dad carried .303's in the war in New Guinea. Australian regulations are ridiculous so if the firearms aren't being used then it's best to sell them to someone who will. Also won't have to pay yearly licence fees or Sporting Shooters membership.
Very helpful people at Havlins, I'm in the process of sending some photos to Cheryl. She sent a very nice reply to my query regarding info on the 195K-A.
As for burying it Bobster, when the gun buyback started a lot of plumbing shops sold out all their supplies of 200mm/8inch PVC pipe and end caps.

Howdy, sorry I'm late to the party, welcome to the club.
Thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself.
ripjack13

Thanks ripjack13. Nice group of people on this site. A bit of info on Cairns Far North Queensland, just had our coldest August night since 1953 , 7.9 deg C or 46F in your country.I think that conversion is correct.

Back