• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg/Maverick SBS

Komodoj

.270 WIN
Didn’t know where to post this. My newest creation. Maverick 88 sbs. Approved Form 1 took 17 days!!! Yes only 17 days!!! :))))

Attachments

• 0D7B1905-A401-48F7-91FA-DC94C1791102.jpeg
    0D7B1905-A401-48F7-91FA-DC94C1791102.jpeg
    235.1 KB · Views: 30
  • D754B454-1F5C-467B-B0B0-B612165CFB84.jpeg
    D754B454-1F5C-467B-B0B0-B612165CFB84.jpeg
    209 KB · Views: 28
  • A325702F-066C-42D3-B3B4-1577598F1EFC.jpeg
    A325702F-066C-42D3-B3B4-1577598F1EFC.jpeg
    220.8 KB · Views: 29
That looks good buddy.

I think nfa branch is padding their numbers by concentrating on only e-files.

I have a paper F1 that is almost 11 months now that I submitted right before they opened up the efile again. They received the paperwork last Halloween day.

That looks good buddy.

I think nfa branch is padding their numbers by concentrating on only e-files.

I have a paper F1 that is almost 11 months now that I submitted right before they opened up the efile again. They received the paperwork last Halloween day.

That’s crazy. Efile form 1 is average of 30 days for approval. Form 4 trust is like 10-14 months. But I have noticed that Form 4 individual is picking up at about 8-11 months vs 11-14 months? So weird how they do this. I have a Form 4 individual pending from 7/7/19 so I’ll probably see that in a year :-(((((

That’s crazy. Efile form 1 is average of 30 days for approval.

So weird how they do this. I have a Form 4 individual pending from 7/7/19 so I’ll probably see that in a year :-(((((

Like I said, I think the examiners are padding their numbers with the efile to keep their counts up so they can look better, while leaving paper forms that were submitted to sit in limbo because it takes a little more work for them to input the data into the computer themselves.

About 3 weeks ago, I contacted one of my Senators offices to speak with him about it. I have since filled out the paperwork and the privacy waiver to allow them to look into it on my behalf.

I asked the lady answering the phone last week if my paperwork was even assigned to an examiner yet, and she said no.

So, I had no bad feelings about contacting my Senator. They cashed the tax check when they got the paperwork, yet they sit on the paperwork for almost a year. NFA branch has seriously gotten on my last nerve. And this isn't my first rodeo other. I have nearly a dozen tax stamps going back almost 20 years now. There is no logical excuse. Despite that they tried using the "government shutdown" as an excuse and I told her that the shutdown was months ago and they had my paperwork for months prior to the shutdown. And months since.

If you SBS'd that gun, I just wanted to mention the obvious to you.

It's missing the stock ;)

I'll send you a PM with my address.

Could you register that one as an AOW on the $5 stamp and leave it with the pistol grip?

Unfortunately, no.

The $5 AOW tax is a transfer fee. The only way to get the $5 price is have an SOT/manufacturer make and register it for you and then charge the $5 tax to give it back to you.

Otherwise, if you were to register yourself as an AOW, you'd have to do it on a form 1 and pay the $200 tax. (same as SBS, so may as well SBS it).

Yes, I know it's stupid, but the $5 AOW is just a transfer tax if you sold it. Not a making tax.

The reason that licensed manufacturers can make it, is they pay the manufacturing tax and are exempt from having to pay the tax on each NFA item.

Confusing?

Sure, but just realize that politicians were the one who wrote the law, so it shouldn't surprise anyone that it actually is stupid.

Didn’t know where to post this. My newest creation. Maverick 88 sbs. Approved Form 1 took 17 days!!! Yes only 17 days!!! :))))

And what an amazing 17 days that was! That is one sweet looking piece of hi-tech hardware. Love the lines and overall look, excellent work. What does the "conversion kit" cost? :perfect:

And what an amazing 17 days that was! That is one sweet looking piece of hi-tech hardware. Love the lines and overall look, excellent work. What does the "conversion kit" cost? :perfect:

Not really a kit. Started off as a Maverick 88 with 22” barrel. I cut the barrel to 7.5” and mag tube.Hogue Tamer grip, The forend is a Stevens forend that is heavily I mean heavily modified. I wanted to use it because I like the lines and how it covers the action bars and it gives a good amount of real estate to hold and pump it vs having a stick looking thing like Serbu ( no offense) to pump it. Then the whole gun was sandblasted, soaked in a chemical degreaser and Cerakoted Graphite Black. Between the gun, parts, engraving and Cerakote. I think I have $600 in it including the cost of F1 stamp. But if you ask my wife I only have $400 in it. Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Not really a kit. Started off as a Maverick 88 with 22” barrel. I cut the barrel to 7.5” and mag tube.Hogue Tamer grip, The forend is a Stevens forend that is heavily I mean heavily modified. I wanted to use it because I like the lines and how it covers the action bars and it gives a good amount of real estate to hold and pump it vs having a stick looking thing like Serbu ( no offense) to pump it. Then the whole gun was sandblasted, soaked in a chemical degreaser and Cerakoted Graphite Black. Between the gun, parts, engraving and Cerakote. I think I have $600 in it including the cost of F1 stamp. But if you ask my wife I only have $400 in it. Shhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!

I won't say a word to the Wife, I know how that goes :giggle: .... But I have to tell you again that is one sweet little, er, compact Maverick-88. Nice job all the way around. :perfect:

Back