• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ok, I give up! What is it?

I'm pretty sure the bear in my pics were black bear, looking at the cub. The mama was too shaggy for me to tell much. After they shed off, it's probably much easier.

I got a new set of pictures on my trailcam recently. It's another "what iz it" moment.

Doesn't look like a coyote. The face is just all wrong. It's a juvenile, but I think it looks more wolf like than yote.

fhTtxlo.jpg

Both those guys look quite a bit alike....head and ears sure look similar.

Last edited:
Google reverse image search was useless...says "whitetail deer" lol

To me, it looks like some sort of strange hybrid canine....quite odd looking anyway.

Below is a link to an article from 2011. Scroll down the page and you'll come to a few pics of what are purported to be the taxidermied remains of this Texas Blue Dog...aka Chupacabra.

It looks EXTREMELY similar to the creature in your pics.

https://www.seeker.com/mysterious-texas-blue-dog-claimed-to-be-chupacabra-1767765510.html

However, I'd be more inclined to think it's something more like a feral mixed breed of some kind than a chupacabra...lol! See the link below.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mexican_Hairless_Dog

Last edited:
I've heard of coy-wolves, but not sure that I have ever seen one.

About 3 years ago, I was deer hunting. I got to my spot before daylight and it was just getting light enough to see. All was quiet Sunday morning. You could hear a pin drop in the woods and the squirrels weren't even stirring yet.

As I was sitting there, I heard what I believe was a wolf start howling off in the distance to my north. It started howling and went on for 5 or maybe 6 minutes. A long mournful sounding howl. And then it stopped as suddenly as it started and I've never heard it since.

But I am 100% positive what I heard hunting that morning was not a coyote or dog. Coyotes have more yippy and whistly sounding calls. It was absolutely a wolf howl that I heard.

Not trying to necropost but how can you tell if someone has a trailcam up at night? Is there a way or device you can use to "see" the infra-red beams? I just want to make sure my neighbors aren't spying on me walking naked in my backyard... :D

858 dispatch" report of naked man with apparatuses on head possible NVGs.....:doh:

Dispatch 858" Negative contact we 10-8

The only time you'll be able to spot a trailcam by the infrared flash is when it flashes.

If you're close enough, you can often see a very dim red glow and if you are quiet enough, you may even hear the little click of the shutter. If you have on night vision goggles however when it flashes, it will look like a flash of lightning or one of those old timey ice cube looking flash bulbs going off that make you see spots for 2 minutes.

For what it's worth, I don't know why anyone in their right mind would want to take naked pics of you though. That just seems all wrong to me.

Back