• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Morning everyone. 79 and clear with some wind from the south. We'll be in the 90s again. We are heading to the lake today and it should be a nice weekend there as well.

Hombre, good luck with the fish if ya go. You're right though, buying is easier, just not as relaxing.

Have a great day and stay safe.

USPS notified me my new sights for the KY I built and the 464 will come in a day early. I will be here when they arrive. Too bad I can't do anything with that grip safety on the 464. I caught myself shaking and loosening the grip, which caused some pretty crappy groups. I am wondering if there is a way to drill and tap a set screw that will "fatten" the grip. Anyone out there have an opinion?

***Update: I have the new sights fitted and installed on the Kentuck. But the Skinner was an expensive mistake. I ordered a shorter peep but as I read the description before ordering I missed a pertinent spec. The line that said it was a 10/40 thread was so small I did not even see it. My rifle needs a 6-48 thread. So, back it goes. It is so small I should be able to send it back in the mail and not have to pay the $7.50 shipping I was charged to get it.

All may not be lost...if I can shoot the rifle and am satisfied with HOW it shoots I will just get the refund. But I may need a taller front sight and he will swap me the rear for a proper size front blade. Then I will probably have the shipping but no return charges to pay. We shall see.

I made a discovery about the loads I used...they were junk. Next trip I will use good loads.

Last edited:
That grip safety is a bit of stamped steel and needs some dressing off so it doesn't drag. Mine had some slight burr.

It wasn't activating easily enough, and I had to crush the lever.

I may have flattened it a bit with a hammer. ;) Taking the curl out of the stamping makes it effectively larger in operation.

I'll catch up with everyone tonight. but I wanted to let @CaddmannQ know, I found out why my fish died.
they had ich(ick)the pleco is just starting to show signs of it, as is the shark. So I got some rid-ich to treat em. I hope it works....I would hate to lose my admiral Akbar. He's awesome....

I'll catch up with everyone tonight. but I wanted to let @CaddmannQ know, I found out why my fish died.
they had ich(ick)the pleco is just starting to show signs of it, as is the shark. So I got some rid-ich to treat em. I hope it works....I would hate to lose my admiral Akbar. He's awesome....

One big way for ich to start is with a big temperature fluctuation. If temp goes up, or down and then back to normal too quickly things will get fuzzy real quick. (I assume you know this, so I am just reminding you. You may have a bad heater.)

I was talking to the pet guru at the store, he says it may been brought in from the snails. They can carry it, but doesn't affect them. I didn't see it on the goldfish cuz they were mostly white. So, I'm treating the shark and the pleco, and the snails and shrimp are in a separate container.
I never used a heater, but I have one I will be using from now on.

Wouldn't that be called mince pie?
Ha!
I guess it was an austerity measure.

Ich is a pita, but with salt and increased temperature you can deal with it.

You need a heater that can keep your tank at 87° constantly and that will speed up the ich. It will run through the phases of its life cycle quickly and the salt will cure it. And stunt your plants.

Nox-Ich and Rid-ich and those things have saltwater and copper sulfates . . . not good for your Crustaceans and snails.

They also kill plants and turn your Silicone green, and then it leaches back into the tank slowly over time, killing your snails.

I was talking to the pet guru at the store, he says it may been brought in from the snails. . .

Any fish can bring it into your tank and not present any signs of the disease to you until much later.

It's because of the long and complicated life cycle that you don't notice these things until it's too late.

Snails are the second deadliest disease carrier after the mosquito.

They carry a little parasite that evolves into blood flukes. That's a disease you don't want to get.

I guess it was an austerity measure.

Ich is a pita, but with salt and increased temperature you can deal with it.

You need a heater that can keep your tank at 87° constantly and that will speed up the ich. It will run through the phases of its life cycle quickly and the salt will cure it. And stunt your plants.

Nox-Ich and Rid-ich and those things have saltwater and copper sulfates . . . not good for your Crustaceans and snails.

They also kill plants and turn your Silicone green, and then it leaches back into the tank slowly over time, killing your snails.

I was planning on letting the snails go. They were 2 bucks, so no big deal. The shrimp....hmm. I think will have to sell em.
I already started the rid ich.....

Good morning men. Weather is warm and humid. Probably blowing in from the bad weather in the south still. More humid than usual for this time of the year.

Enjoying it while I can though, I know what's coming around the corner and I'm not looking forward to the cold at all.

Some of the leaves on a few of the trees and bushes are starting to brown a little, so within the next month, I expect most of them will be in their fall colors.

Good morning all. We drove up to the lake yesterday late afternoon. It's 70 right now and raining. The rain has been off and on since about 11 pm. I thought it would have passed through by now. I was looking forward to a nice cool ride this morning. Perhaps after the rain ends.

Rip, thanks for the update on DJ. And now that you mention the pie, I believe what I remember is called Mince. I know I sure liked it.

Man, you guys sure put a lot of work into your tanks and fish. Never knew anything about that stuff, but I read here and learn.

Ya'll have a great weekend.

Meanie, I am getting seriously jealous of how much time you are spending at the lake. I haven't been for months.

Cadd, the g/f sold her boat so we have not been out on the water. We mostly hang out with friends and visit. That of course involves some adult beverages.

I keep the Concours here in the summer so I can get in a little riding. And, I get a lot of relaxing.

Back