• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Pelosi and Schumer Called Trump Today (9/15/19)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Trump is supposedly going to roll out his ideas for addressing our human violence problem (a.k.a. "gun Violence to the anti gun supporters). Pelosi and Schumer had a call with Trump today to discuss their minimum acceptable level of new gun control which comes down to "universal background checks". This has now become a lose-lose situation for Trump. If he disagree's then he is ok with all of the "loopholes" and if he agrees he will aliemate a big part of his voting block. Even Mitch McConnell has washed his hands of it by stating he'll go along with what the president wants.

The democrat statement:
“200 days ago, the Democratic House took decisive action to end the gun violence epidemic in America by passing H.R. 8 and H.R. 1112: bipartisan, commonsense legislation to expand background checks, which is supported by more than 90 percent of the American people. With the backing of the American people, we continue to call on Senator McConnell to ‘Give Us A Vote!’

“Yet, for 200 days, Senator McConnell has refused to give these bipartisan bills a vote on the Senate Floor, again and again putting his own political survival before the survival of our children. Every day that Senator McConnell blocks our House-passed, life-saving bills, an average of 100 people – including 47 children and teenagers – die from senseless gun violence. Some 20,000 have died since the House took action on February 27th.

“This morning, we made it clear to the President that any proposal he endorses that does not include the House-passed universal background checks legislation will not get the job done, as dangerous loopholes will still exist and people who shouldn’t have guns will still have access. For instance, someone prohibited from possessing a gun under an Extreme Risk Protection Order (ERPO) law could still obtain a firearm by exploiting the gun show and online loopholes that H.R. 8 would close. We know that to save as many lives as possible, the Senate must pass this bill and the President must sign it. We even promised the President that if he endorses this legislation and gets Senator McConnell to act on what the House has passed, we would both join him for a historic signing ceremony at the Rose Garden.

“Congressional Democrats will continue to join with law enforcement, survivors, students and parents, health care providers, mayors and public health officials across the nation to accelerate a relentless drumbeat of action to force Senator McConnell to pass our background checks bills. We will not stop until these bills are passed and our children’s lives are safe. We call upon Senator McConnell to ‘Give Us a Vote!’

Get bent.

Trump has been horrible on the 2A.
I agree, he has been horrible and is likely to get worse. He may be sorry if he turns his back on this voting demographic. Gun owners won't vote for a democrat gun grabber but they may stay home.

Last edited:
No, make no mistake about it.

He WILL be sorry if he turns his back on the Constitution, and the oath he swore to protect it and is an automatic no vote from me.

Universal background checks will not stop violence.

It will not stop anyone who is not supposed to have a gun from getting one.

If he pushes this red flag and registration laws, I won't be voting for him.

I PROMISE !!

If that means some other crazy gun grabber gets elected, I will have to mention that I can't tell the difference between one or the other. And I won't be complying with their stupid laws.

We Americans have already endured far too many government over reaches already. And that will be the straw that broke the camels back.

You "never-Trumpers" have to realize that by not voting for him, you are casting 1/2 a vote for Bernizabeth Bidis or whoever the Dumpocrap nominee is... This will be and has been a "hold your nose", lesser of 2 evils vote. You can not vote and ignore the outcome then hide in your cabins. Eventually Beatoff O'Rash and his thugs will pull a Ruby Ridge on your asses! >:-(

The same goes for you "never-NRA"-ers. AFAIAC, you are a bunch of anti-gun trolls unless you can convince me otherwise. Who wins if the NRA goes away? Most certainly NOT gun-owners, hunters, youth shooting groups, women's self-defense groups and LEO trainees, etc. Nor will any other gun-rights organizations survive once the big guy is gone--they will be sued out of existence within a year. Then what? You think gun mfgs will be safe with a Dem House, Senate and Potus?

Sorry to rant but I call out the trolls on FB regularly but don't expect to see them here.

And how many of the mass shooters would have passed a background check?

If they fail they will do the same thing the daily criminals do steel one from somewhere or buy on on the black market.

They don't want to address the real issues of mental health or how their policies on gender, masculinity, race, etc are confusing and frustrating today's youth to the point that they are having mental breaks and either killing themselves or others.

It's only going to get worse, we are raising kids who have never been taught to deal with adversity then telling them that everything they feel, do, dream, etc is wrong. What do they expect?

/rant

I do understand that Bobster. But I won't vote for someone that I think will screw me regardless of the alternative. The end result is that I get screwed either way it goes so the "lesser of two evils" is still evil.

I don't really care what anyone thinks of me.

The NRA has done a lot of harm to the 2A playing both sides of the fiddle so they can proclaim to protect your rights, only to compromise them away with fake outrage so they can ask for more money to fight it. They testified to congress with the 1934 NFA, the 1968 GCA and the 1986 FOPA. All of which are my top 3 hated gun bills EVER. And the NRA supported ALL 3 of them. You're welcome to look them up if you would like. Or, you could read this which details it pretty well. https://time.com/4431356/nra-gun-control-history/

And if nra goes away, another org will step up to be top dog in the room. The world won't cease to exist. I'll take up for them when I think they're doing right, but I won't turn a blind eye to when I don't think they are either and am not bashful to hold them accountable.

Many years ago, the Brady campaign used to be the big antigun corp. Now, it's Bloomberg/soros. Same old thing. Different day.

Maybe I'll start an antigun org so I can collect tax free donations and proclaim to be doing Gods work. I'm sure I'll die a very rich man and will use a lot of the money to build big walls and have a lot of guns and ammo to defend them with. Which is exactly what they're all doing.

For what it's worth the link below, is the co-founder of the Giffords foundation when he was going to buy them an AR15. Of course when he was called out, he twisted it around like he was only doing it to show how easy it was and whatever, but most people can smell that bullshit from a mile away. Typical democrat, OK for me, but none for thee.

https://www.ammoland.com/2013/04/denied-gun-store-owner-refuses-to-hand-ar-15-over-to-mark-kelly/

I don't consider myself a never Trumper. He has done things I like. He and the RINO's in Congress have also done things I am not happy with, particularly with the 2A. That includes things done (stroke of a pen bump stock ban, talk of suppressor bans, red flag talk and talk of more background checks) and not done (national concealed carry). The President I liked the most in my lifetime was Reagan and he was also flawed, including on the 2nd amendment. I think the editorial linked below lays it out pretty well...The gun vote is Trump's and it is up to him if he keeps it or loses it. I hope he keeps it. If he doesn't it is his fault. It was written during July when Trump talked of suppressor bans but the information is relevant with this months talk of added back ground checks.

As I noted, McConnell dumped it onto Trump's lap with "I'll wait to see what the President will pass"mode. The White House passed the buck to AG Barr who dropped some background check memos which are getting non committal comments from the republicans and "it's a non starter" from the NRA. It strikes me that some want it to get a vote and they are probing us to see what the repercussions will be.

https://www.firearmsnews.com/editorial/2020-is-trumps-to-blow-with-gun-owners/363516

Back