• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Hombre, this is rough to hear. Mike's very condition is what I fear the most. I've had talks w/ my wife and son on this subject. I'm not satisfied that I know how to deal w/ it.

I talked with a social worker at the VA and made out a living will. I asked that I be taken off life support if I got that bad. I also requested no heroic action be taken if I had a better chance of dying than of living. The worker told me no doctor would honor that and would always take their best shot at saving a life. It makes no difference to a doctor...they do not honor court decisions of this nature. They make it the total responsibility of the patient before the fact, or family/friends after. But the bills always go to the family.

upload_2019-9-16_17-40-24.jpeg

Good grief, I just got my reading assignment for my upcoming colonoscoopy [do you like the way I misspelled that?]

It was pretty well-presented. I didn't get really scared until page 4 where it says:
"Driving is not permitted for 24 hours."

My WIFE has got to drive me home!!!

View attachment 21668

Good grief, I just got my reading assignment for my upcoming colonoscoopy [do you like the way I misspelled that?]

It was pretty well-presented. I didn't get really scared until page 4 where it says:

I went through it 2 times. The first time it didn't hurt but it felt like the probe was still in there 4 days later. I called the doc and all he could say was...we were lookin for that thing...Next time went a bit smoother.

View attachment 21668

That's a liability thing. I could have driven myself but they won't do the procedure unless someone is with you and verifies they will drive. They also tell you to eat lightly so afterward so you don't get sick. I had my wife swing through the drive thru at Sonic on the way home. Double cheeseburger, large tater tots and chocolate milkshake. No problemo.

That's a liability thing. I could have driven myself but they won't do the procedure unless someone is with you and verifies they will drive. They also tell you to eat lightly so afterward so you don't get sick. I had my wife swing through the drive thru at Sonic on the way home. Double cheeseburger, large tater tots and chocolate milkshake. No problemo.

I always get a driver when I can. It's more fun when I have someone with me. Especially if it's a chick. :cheers:

View attachment 21668

Invest in some soft tp, and wet wipes. Sleep on the same level as the bathroom. And wear sweat pants or loose shorts. The elastic waistband type.
No belts, buttons or zippers.
And, depending on how long the ride is to hospital, maybe a pair of depends. Lol

DAMHIKT

Mornin fellas. I'm on my way to shoulder pt. A few more visits and I'll be done. I feel no improvement in it. I think it's toast.

I looked up a fish buddy of mine last night. He said he'll be glad to school me on fish keeping/care. He has a bunch of tanks and all sorts of aquatic swimmy things....

Cheers.

Mornin fellas. I'm on my way to shoulder pt. A few more visits and I'll be done. I feel no improvement in it. I think it's toast.

I looked up a fish buddy of mine last night. He said he'll be glad to school me on fish keeping/care. He has a bunch of tanks and all sorts of aquatic swimmy things....

Cheers.

Here is the secret to 99% of fishkeeping. Change the water a lot. More than you think.
In nature, most fish have constant water flow or lots of volume available.

A constant drip system is nice to have, as it doesn't shock the fish as much as a big water change once a week.

Fishlore.com has a lot of general info for fishkeepers, and for more specifics monsterfishkeepers.com

Good morning guys.

I have some shopping today, and I hope to finish re-assembling the awning gutters, which need cleaning and some minor bodywork.

Trying to plan a fishing trip Thursday. My fishing buddy isn't in good shape. He too has big shoulder problems.

I ordered some larger, custom built sumps for my Oscar tank and my Mono tank. They should be here before early October.

This will make my life easier, and improve the water quality.

You need to test the water to decide when and how much to change. What you test depends on where your cycle is, and the recent history.

If a fish dies or is killed I do a change ASAP, as the dead fish pollutes the water like mad.

Good morning. 73 with some rain showers north of town, Omaha. Looks like a nice day shaping up. I get to visit the sons and grand kids for 3 days. Life is good.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning guys.

I got my awnings back together yesterday and they look OK. One of the facias had big dents due to careless tree trimmers.
I got them hammered out OK, and I think it will do for another 20 years. I still need to make new corner trims.
I counted 70+ screws needed and bought 100, which was about 6 short. LOL I'll need another 24 for the corners.

I don't like working on a ladder. Oh, I'm an acrobat on a ladder, and I was showing off for Judy, doing ladder stunts and acting foolish, so now my feet are sore.

;)

Good morning all ya scurvy mossy dogs, hope all well. Thought ya may appreciate a picture of my newest conveyance modifications by yours truly added a belt band for pistol and extras and a snug pack with water bottle , basically it needed storage, my son said he wants to zip ties a plate carrier and shotgun scabbatd to the front for me this weekend :thumbsup:0919190922.jpg

Back