• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mini shells

I have the OPSmini clip for my Mossberg 500 .my question is when I load the magazine tube the shell won't stay in the tube do I need a new magazine tube shell retainer ?

Sent from my A502DL using Tapatalk

Other then that the gun seems to cycle the shells good .just once in awhile shells come shooting out of the magazine tube

I half to get a replacement shell interupter and shell stop .in my previous post I did not word things wright I should have said double feeding .it seemed to only do it with mini shells but I put 3in. Turkey loads in the 500 and it double fed those also .not sure if those 2 parts will fix it or not but that seems to be the first things that people replace for double feeding problems

My 500 also didn't feed too well on normal shells. Before I really investigated that I replaced the follower with an M-Carbo solid one. No more feeding problems.

-- Mark

I was thinking also about doing that .I will let you guys know I haven't had much time to work on it haven't even ordered the parts yet been busy with work and new home .

So i put a cartridge stop and a cartridge interupter on my 500 to see if that would stop the double feeding of the Challenger mini shells but that didn't help so my next thing to try is a new magazine tube spring and fallower that doesn't work I'm going to try the shell elevator and see if that works if that don't work I'm going to try Agula mini shells and see if they work .sorry to take so long to tell everyone about what has been going on but I have been busy with work and my ever changeing work schedule .if any of you guys have any ideas please let me know

Sent from my A503DL using Tapatalk

Back