• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

F... i thought it was Thursday today hahaha.

License for the Ruger PCC is approved. Waiting for the Glock 17 license.
Extra mag and ammo is ready. Then i just need the money to buy the lovely tools :)
A small down payment on the Glock is made.

View attachment 21852

Here you must produce the gun at a test range and fire it before an observer, before they grant the license.
If you fail, you just bought a gun you cannot carry.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

I never did make it to the Fair and tomorrow is the last day.

Instead I went to see my buddy the FFL, who is in the hospital since Friday night, and is in bad shape.
Maybe cancer. I'll go again soon. They will know today.

Meanwhile I'm trying to finish a platform for my new 40g sump, on the brackish fish.
This one is just pine, and it won't be on display, so not fancy at all.
16392.jpeg

Here you must produce the gun at a test range and fire it before an observer, before they grant the license.
If you fail, you just bought a gun you cannot carry.
Well.. :) i had to become a member in a pistol shooting club, pay for 1 year membership ( $100 ) and pay for a beginners 6 month course ( $200 ). Learning stance, grip, breathing, aim and hit from 25m ( 27 yards ) with one hand and with a .22, 1-2 hrs, once a week. Before finishing the course i had to shoot three gold series which is 46 points of 50 and three fast shooting series wich only counted hits. The gold series didnt have to be done in a unbroken row :D You could do one, have a few bad mondays and then do another etc. Finishing that, i was entitled to apply for my first own C-pistol license which always is a .22. After another 6 months i can apply a A-class weapon ( 9mm ) which i have done now. I also need a certificate from the club for every license i apply for which shows that i am active in the club and that i need that specific weapon ( pistol ). Every license costs ( $25 )

Price for the standard Gen5 Glock 17 is $846

Picture: 46 points i litterally keeping my shots within the three inner circles of the black circle.
As a pistol beginner ( hadnt shot a pistol for 30 years ), this is huge and i didnt know if i would make it...

IMG-20190812-WA0000b.jpg

I found my saved ( last ) gold series

20191013_183547_800.jpg

It has been tough.. but im glad i finished / made it.. a milestone for me..

Last edited:
Good morning MOers. Foggy and 68 this morn. We have had some excellent weather the past 3 days or so and more to come.

Had my yearly visit to see the cardiologist yesterday. All went well. he assured me he would see me next year.

Cadd, I hope your buddy pulls through and gets much better.

Fellman, man you guys are put through the ringer. Lots of expense as well.

You all have a great day and stay safe.

Well I have good news and bad news.

The good news is that my buddy does not appear to have cancer and they sent him home, chalking this episode up to severe alcoholic gastritis.

I think his liver and pancreas are battling it out to see which one retires first.

The bad news is I was washing my old golf jacket, and found out that I am one of those deplorable collusionists.

20191015_100008.jpg

I bought the jacket in Fresno at Sears.
The place where America doesn't shop anymore.

Back