• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning everyone. Another night of freezing temps. Yesterday the early morning low was 26, this morning was 31. We are supposed to warm back up to more like normal now for at least a week.

Welcome back Scoop.

Have a great day.

Hey you guys. It was a very slow Halloween, and we barely saw 2 dozen kids here, Including 3 of my own grandkids (all like 18 now.)
I will probably leave the decorations up until Sunday.

Still surrounded by this mean white stuff which i hate even though im born and raised in this nordic environment :(

I spent almost 18 of my first 20 years in the cold north country or the Rockies. But there were 2.5 years in the desert, and as an adult I moved back to a desert.

Not the same one. I had a choice. ;)
I have seen a light snow fall here in the SJV twice in 45 years, and one time it did not melt as it hit the ground, and was actually there overnight.

That was over 20 years ago and no snow since.

@fellmann
So how would you say the Nordic peoples as a whole would feel about global warming?

Is most of Sweden scheduled to disappear into the sea?
I remember old "psychics" ( people who normal people went to if they had lost something and wanted them to "find it" ) have said more than on one occasion that the east coast would "sink into the ocean" in the future. If it is because of global warming or earth changes i dont know.

Normally, people are aware of the pollution we are creating and feel we must take care of our planet. Global warming is not the no1 environmental worry. It is more talk than action and no bigger effort is made. Greta Thunberg may score some pionts on internet media but people dont rush out to the streets protesting. As i said the awareness is there but nothing more...

Some politicians may bring it up to "get some points" but they get counter fire from people who rightfully claim that our cow farts is a drop in the ocean and the big change must happen in large industrial countries such as the US and China.

If the big SHTF happens, i really hope i can stay alive and protect the ones i love and give them a chance to a future...

Last edited:
Don't forget India. Also the rain forest being burned down in Brazile. Fact is there are too many folks trying to inhabit the rock.

Here's something to ponder. The same people in the USA that scream about climate change are the same ones that want to do away with all immigration laws and do away with our borders, then turn around and complain that we use too much energy and create too much waste. I have't quite figured out how taking millions from third world countries will help that.

Those same people want to do away with fossil fuels. Build wind turbines, just not in their communities. Then the bird lovers file suit because birds fly into the rotors. They like hydroelectric as long as the dam does't upset some minnow. Then the Indians protest a new pipeline in Nebraska and South Dakota, and protest wind turbines in Oklahoma, because they have vast amounts of oil under the reservations.

Do we have problems ? Yep we sure do. But we're working on them. The point of all of this is it's complicated.

Good Morning guys. In spite of the semi-weekly predictions of economic gloom, the nation prospers. :D

It's another cool AM with no sign of rain. This is good, because all my stuff outside is uncovered.
But soon it will rain Just Enough to screw things up.
Anyhow today will be for taking down Halloween plus more work for me cleaning up the boatyard and covering some things up for winter.

I was hoping to contract for a new welding shed and carport with some solar panels, but my plans are delayed for many reasons. Fortunately, the market is up and it looks like a nice Christmas will be had this year. Our October Surprise was another record market, and I've recovered enough cash to pay for a lot of the improvements.

Tried to entertain myself before lunch and went to the club indoor range. Shot for about one hour on 27 yards.
I had problems keeping a good grip with my support hand.
I think im relaxing while getting the target in my sights, stabalizing and squeezing the trigger.
I have to regrab the grip often. Only one series of ten shots was ok.

20191102_142037_1024.jpg

20191102_143722_1024.jpg

20191102_141945_1024.jpg

Or...
13545b221aeb6c1ae0d2cb184d4e32ff.jpg

Today was grocery day, and I have been doing so well with the soup diet (30 lbs lost so far) I decided to make more veg soup. I also got chili fixins. I hope I can remember the recipe I used to use. I always could find frozen chili sticks in the grocery store. It had spices, chorizo and a thickener and would make about 10-12 quarts. No one sells it anymore. I have all the spices but I am too lazy to spoon it all out. I will see how it goes. I lugged a hundred bucks worth of groceries up 2 flights of stairs so something better turn out or I will be back to eating hamburgers for a while.

Today was grocery day, and I have been doing so well with the soup diet (30 lbs lost so far) I decided to make more veg soup. I also got chili fixins. I hope I can remember the recipe I used to use. I always could find frozen chili sticks in the grocery store. It had spices, chorizo and a thickener and would make about 10-12 quarts. No one sells it anymore. I have all the spices but I am too lazy to spoon it all out. I will see how it goes. I lugged a hundred bucks worth of groceries up 2 flights of stairs so something better turn out or I will be back to eating hamburgers for a while.
13 kg ! thats great. Good job !

My mom was only good at cooking a few things and chili was one of them. I don't miss her cooking, except for the chili and some kind of upside-down brown sugar cake. Can't recall the name. She could also make a mean cheesecake. But that was mostly holidays. We ate a lot of simple meals in simple places.

My mom was only good at cooking a few things and chili was one of them. I don't miss her cooking, except for the chili and some kind of upside-down brown sugar cake. Can't recall the name. She could also make a mean cheesecake. But that was mostly holidays. We ate a lot of simple meals in simple places.
My Mom and Dad were farm raised. They both knew their way around a kitchen. I never went hungry. I also was never encouraged to push my chair back too far from the table until I was all done. The folks meant it one way...I heard it the other. Catch 22.

Good morning, Mossies.
I think I am losing my mind. I turned on my computer and the clock on the splash screen said
12:34:56
For some reason I had this great flow of contentment flow thru me and thoughts of "This is going to be a great day."

As I've said before: I'm a magician, so I don't believe in magic. And I'm a mathematician, so I don't believe in luck.

But if the next time I crank this thing up and is says
11:11:11
then I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

Back