• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning, Mossies.
I think I am losing my mind. I turned on my computer and the clock on the splash screen said
12:34:56
For some reason I had this great flow of contentment flow thru me and thoughts of "This is going to be a great day."

As I've said before: I'm a magician, so I don't believe in magic. And I'm a mathematician, so I don't believe in luck.

But if the next time I crank this thing up and is says
11:11:11
then I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.
If you get a lot of 4 such as
4:44
You are on the right path...

-5 C ( 23 F ) Today. But i must go to the store and get a Coke, my brain crave it ! Gah

Last edited:
Good Morning Folks. It's a cool dry morning here again, getting to about 50F at night and 70's in the day.

Once again the change from DST to PST has my body confused. The clock says to sleep in but my organs and legs disagree.

I think this change is much harder than when I was young.

My parents were far from wealthy. We never went hungry as kids, but the food was mostly from the GI commissary, so inexpensive and mediocre in general. We traveled a lot but never ate in a restaurant. Only in very unusual circumstances.

Last night I BBQ'd some Angus steaks, with fresh asparagus and grilled pumpernickel with garlic. Tillamook ice cream and fine chocolates.

Times have changed, and gaining weight is a serious hazard.

. . . if the next time I crank this thing up and is says
11:11:11 then I'm going to buy a lottery ticket.

Fortune cookies always have lotto numbers on them here. I told myself if I got a ticket with all prime numbers on it, I would play those numbers.
It's never happened in 45 years, and I ate a lot of Kung Pow in that time. (I accept the number 1 as a prime, though many do not.)

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 41, 43, 47

They are 15 of 49, in Lotto 6/49 and 6 must be of the 15, in any order to win. How hard is that?

But it's never happened. I'll leave Scoop to calculate the probabilities, but they are astronomical. Well over 16 million to one.

I figure it would take an act of God.

Fortune cookies always have lotto numbers on them here. I told myself if I got a ticket with all prime numbers on it, I would play those numbers.
It's never happened in 45 years, and I ate a lot of Kung Pow in that time. (I accept the number 1 as a prime, though many do not.)

1, 2, 3, 5, 7, 11, 13, 17, 19, 23, 29, 31, 41, 43, 47

They are 15 of 49, in Lotto 6/49 and 6 must be of the 15, in any order to win. How hard is that?

But it's never happened. I'll leave Scoop to calculate the probabilities, but they are astronomical. Well over 16 million to one.

I figure it would take an act of God.

I will give you the whole west end of Heaven, oh good and faithful servant. Just watch out for crocs.

I'll leave Scoop to calculate the probabilities, but they are astronomical. Well over 16 million to one.

Aside from a few quirks which I will ignore, the only important number in lotteries is the percentage of purchase money returned as payout.

For instance the CA state lottery pays out about 60 cents per dollar.

So if you were to be so rich you could buy EVERY combination and were the ONLY one playing, your payout would be 60% of what you payed. So every $1 ticket in CA lottery is worth 60 cents before the balls are drawn.

[Data from https://www.nbcnews.com/better/money/these-states-offer-best-worst-odds-lottery-players-n495976 ]

Well there'll be a definite sign from God before I spend $2 on a lottery.

Good afternoon ya'll. I got to shoot the .44 mag today, and it ran perfectly.

I shot better with the .38 special though.

I was able to hit a 10" circle from 100 yds with the .45-70 Marlin, but no better, with the buckhorns.

I shot the .38 Henry at 50 yds, along with the .22 Marlin 60 and the Henry .22 magnum.

It was a lot of fun, and though I didn't shoot too much ammo, I shot 6 guns, and the new one works great.

Very jealous. The only time I've had to shoot lately was working up my deer hunting bullet that I want to use. I hope that changes this Saturday morning a little after day break ;)

Good morning Mossberg owners.
It's still very mild weather here and temperatures today will be in the high 70s sunny and dry.

Well today I am cleaning guns and messing around with the aquariums.

Later I will post up a range report for yesterday.

I am really happy with the new revolver.

Ok weather and not so cold. Only -5 C ( 23 F )
Was a week to early to a meeting ! Helped my old mother do some shopping.
Got some grip panels to my Glock from a friend in the pistol club.
They are for Gen 3 but they should fit just fine. Im mostly after the R1 and R2 panels. US price tag still there..

20191107_150104_800.jpg

20191107_150045_800.jpg

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
It's quite nice here for November. Mid 70's today and 50+ at night.
Not a cloud that looks rain-like.

Lots of guns were swabbed out and polished yesterday.
They weren't too dirty, but I shot some old wheel weights thru the Uberti six shooter, and some plain lead federals thru the .22's.

The Remington jacketed .44s were cleaner lead-wise, but spew some residue LOL. I spent some extra time on the Ruger.

It's a beautiful old gun for its 39 years, but judging from the condition of the main pin and its cylinder bore, the gun has had many rounds thru it.
Judging by the barrel, it has not. The rifling is still tight and sharp.

But the pin and bore on the Italian is super smooth while the Ruger has lots of machine wear or manufacturing marks on those surfaces.
Then, the Uberti is only a 3 years old.

It looks like a good day to work on the truck, and service my aquariums. My new tank setup is much easier to maintain than before, but the fry tank is exploding with little guppies and mollies in various sizes, from various broods. 5 generations, though only 1 specimen survives from each of the first two schools. Mostly eaten by the African Mooneyfish, but dozens remain healthy.

Ok weather and not so cold. Only -5 C ( 23 F )
Was a week to early to a meeting ! Helped my old mother do some shopping.
Got some grip panels to my Glock from a friend in the pistol club.
They are for Gen 3 but they should fit just fine. Im mostly after the R1 and R2 panels. US price tag still there..

View attachment 22070

View attachment 22071

Some things don't stick well at -5c, so really warm is the trick to putting on (and getting off) grip tape.
Of course this is not news to snow dwellers. ;)

How much did you pay in shipping, fees and taxes to get those from the USA?

Oh, come on! Let us in on the story!

Good morning, by the way.

There was a reported post. So I clicked on it and it had already been deleted/edited. So instead of leaving the post blank, "I fixed it."
It's something I do on the wb forum as a joke. I finally got a chance to use it here. lol

:coffee:

Back